• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USN 2016 SWO OCS Selection Panels

SharkBait

We just had one august 24th and the normal wait is 90-120 days. That would put it around December of this year, then march of next but its all needs of the navy. The board before this last one was February so its never set in stone. No one will know for sure until they announce a date. Also the search button is your friend.

exNavyOffRec

my recruiter told me they are doing boards in November and one in February as of right now.

sounds like he is just estimating every 90 days considering they don't have a sent time until they evaluate how many people they need and how many applications they have rec'd, I believe they way exceeded the 90 day estimate between the board held a few weeks ago and the one previously, and even so the selection rate was right about would be expected, so that indicates there is no great need for extra boards.

SWOMan

sounds like he is just estimating every 90 days considering they don't have a sent time until they evaluate how many people they need and how many applications they have rec'd, I believe they way exceeded the 90 day estimate between the board held a few weeks ago and the one previously, and even so the selection rate was right about would be expected, so that indicates there is no great need for extra boards.
This could be good then. My recruiter said I was tentative for the Feb Board because we aren't sure about being able to get everything in. If it's in December, I might have more time to put everything together for submission.

VWXThrasher378

It's a rolling board, sometimes we get advanced notice and sometimes we don't. Stay flexible.

My recruiter echoed the same sentiment. However, I believe he mentioned that the upcoming board would be "frontloaded" for SWO. Does anyone else know what this means? I meant to ask the other day but I suppose it slipped my mind.

exNavyOffRec

My recruiter echoed the same sentiment. However, I believe he mentioned that the upcoming board would be "frontloaded" for SWO. Does anyone else know what this means? I meant to ask the other day but I suppose it slipped my mind.

It means your recruiter is trying to make you feel good or he doesn't understand officer recruiting