• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

2012 Supply officer/HR Positions

jhopmsu

Hello Folks,

Like many of you I am a hopeful candidate for either a Supply or HR DCO billet. When I talk to my recruiter all I here him say is that it's too competetive. Obviously I would still like to put in a packet. Is there any advice out there on what approach to take? I am currently a paid firefighter with an MPA degree and prior enlisted on the supply side. Thanks for reading this and providing any insight!

PapaK

Much like you I'm also an applicant. But in the years I've been working on my applications the best advice I've heard is that as an applicant, you essentially recruit yourself and your recruiter is only a guide/paper processor. I'm finding this out the hard way. My two bits to you is to move forward and make your packet as competetive as possible. If your recruiter is being negative about what you want, consider finding one who would be willing to help you fight the good fight. Good Luck!

exNavyOffRec

Hello Folks,

Like many of you I am a hopeful candidate for either a Supply or HR DCO billet. When I talk to my recruiter all I here him say is that it's too competetive. Obviously I would still like to put in a packet. Is there any advice out there on what approach to take? I am currently a paid firefighter with an MPA degree and prior enlisted on the supply side. Thanks for reading this and providing any insight!

I believe the deadline for HR DCO has passed, but it is very competitive, they are only looking for 10 nationwide.

SailorSouthpaw

If you are interested in becoming an HR Officer, an HR certification may help set you apart from other candidates: (http://www.hrci.org/hrcertification/):
Professional in Human Resources (PHR®)
Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR®)
Global Professional in Human Resources (GPHR®)

I had HR experience, my SPHR and two graduate degrees in HR. If you don't have a degee in HR, obtaining your certification may be the least expensive and something you can acheive in a shorter period of time if you work dedicate 6 months or so to preparing for the exam.

It may be competitive, but don't be discouraged! May the odds be in your favor! Good luck!

exNavyOffRec

If you are interested in becoming an HR Officer, an HR certification may help set you apart from other candidates: (http://www.hrci.org/hrcertification/):
Professional in Human Resources (PHR®)
Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR®)
Global Professional in Human Resources (GPHR®)

I had HR experience, my SPHR and two graduate degrees in HR. If you don't have a degee in HR, obtaining your certification may be the least expensive and something you can acheive in a shorter period of time if you work dedicate 6 months or so to preparing for the exam.

It may be competitive, but don't be discouraged! May the odds be in your favor! Good luck!

The above won't help set you apart, and the reason is you MUST have one before applying now, a kit without one won't be sent to board.

also, the next HR board was just cancelled.

exNavyOffRec

This was a recent change so the board you went to it probably really helped you out, they probably knew what was coming and saw you were ahead of the curve.

exNavyOffRec

FY 14 isn't out yet, FY13 was just released but it is already been changed, currently FY13 supply DCO is closed, HR is looking at about 6.