• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

2005 HM-14 mishap aricle help

OscarMyers

None
I am trying to track down an article for my accident investigation class. It was either an approach or mech magazine article about an HM-14 53 on 25 Jan 2005 that put it down in the water with the MGB failing. The archives on the safety center site don't go back that far, but here at the ERAU library they have every approach back to the 60s. If anyone has any firsthand knowledge about that mishap or a time frame the article was publish to help my search it would be much appreciated.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
On an unrelated note, one of the H-60s that day was from my squadron. The rescue swimmer (6'4") asked to borrow my (6') SAR gear that because his was down for Mx. Infamous last words before walking out the door were "It's gonna be small, but it's not like I'm gonna need it anyway."

They had to treat him for hypothermia along with the rest of the mishap crew and he lost my fvcking fins 'cause he left them in the raft.