• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Career Reflections by Pickle

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Next thing you know @HAL Pilot will give away our top secret frozen burrito recipes along with the full content list of all in-flight box meals.
... and the classified supplement to the procedure for emptying the honey pot in flight.

That's her! Dancing with the sword at 32 seconds in.
Can you find out if she has a sister? Asking for a friend.

Jim123

pilot
If we told them what we get for hot plates they'd think it was a poorly conceived lie. Youd never believe someone would give a helo crew an inflight meal of soup served on a plate. Until it's been handed to you.
Paper plate FTW.

Got lentils, peas, and rice once. Quite possibly the healthiest at sea menu choice I ever saw, before or since. Kinda had to fold the plate like a greasy slice of pizza to funnel the contents.

Most memorable box lunch surprise was a couple of jalapeños with breaded chicken. The breaded chicken was great (easy to eat without making a mess) but when I saw the peppers I was like whoa, check it out- a garnish!

Pags

N/A
pilot
Paper plate FTW.

Got lentils, peas, and rice once. Quite possibly the healthiest at sea menu choice I ever saw, before or since. Kinda had to fold the plate like a greasy slice of pizza to funnel the contents.

Most memorable box lunch surprise was a couple of jalapeños with breaded chicken. The breaded chicken was great (easy to eat without making a mess) but when I saw the peppers I was like whoa, check it out- a garnish!
And it's not a nice structurally sound paper plate either...it's a paper plate made either by the lowest bidder or blind people and it's been sitting around absorbing liquid so it looks almost like the brand x loser in bounty paper towel commercials. But it won't bust through until it reaches your lap. Hours of rigorous government testing has ensured that this plate has just enough strength to make it from the galley, through the ship, sit in the hangar/garage/FDC for an hour or so, and then not break in your lap until the helo is airborne and Mom has secured from flight quarters.

robav8r

None
Contributor
And it's not a nice structurally sound paper plate either...it's a paper plate made either by the lowest bidder or blind people and it's been sitting around absorbing liquid so it looks almost like the brand x loser in bounty paper towel commercials. But it won't bust through until it reaches your lap. Hours of rigorous government testing has ensured that this plate has just enough strength to make it from the galley, through the ship, sit in the hangar/garage/FDC for an hour or so, and then not break in your lap until the helo is airborne and Mom has secured from flight quarters.
And . . . . . . . the same lowest cost bidder that made/makes those plates, also makes those white, rectangular boxes that your meal sometimes comes in. The strength is only fractionally better than the plates, and provides an illusion of rigid durability that can withhold whatever the galley stuffs into them and can be stacked 10 or 12 high, waiting for the unsuspecting aircrew to load them onto the A/C. Ultimately and inevitably, the bottom fails, releasing whatever contents were inside, all over your lap, into your helmet bag, or anywhere else inconvenient at the time . . . .

Jim123

pilot
In Soviet Air Army we were happy when got Boiled Flesh of Bourgeois and a can of Pressed People's Feline Meats along with a tin of Lumpy Milk Drawn from the Whores of Capitalism. Could fight all day on such rations.
If it's badenov for Griz then it's badenov for anyone.

Max the Mad Russian

Hands off Ukraine! Feet too
You bet. Seems that it is a phrase from WWII where Lend Lease really fed the fighting people here in and over the steppes of Russia. Even Putin during some 9th May said we all who was born in USSR should be thankful to US and UK for that help and remember it for good. I concur this time.
Honestly, P-39/63s, Sherman tanks, Stud trucks etc were desirable but not compulsory. But canned food, antibiotics and especially chemistry for powder manufacturing were indispensable indeed