• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Career Reflections by Pickle

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The S-3 fleet introduction was nothing like the P-8. There were no names or titles for the transition guys. Of course the P-3 dudes were called all manner of derogatory things, but that was no different than had they still been anonymous VP guys ?. I came along about five years after IOC so we did have DHs in their second Hoover squadron. Still had a bunch of cats and dogs though. A-7s A-4s EA-3 RA-4 C-1 P-3, all in my first fleet squadron. We didn't differentiate. I suppose because we had so many non "pure breds".

jugg34naut

pilot
..................There are crews on station right now somewhere in the world, employing the shit out of the P-8 and kicking ass. You could be one of them someday...............Change the culture, do the work.

Telling you what I experienced. I’m able to sleep at night well with regard to my performance as a pilot in a VP squadron. Thank you for asking.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
Guys get your damn horse terms correct:

Mustangs: same usage as ever - carry on.

Purebloods are those who are straight sticks from one aircraft. I.e.: how I referred to myself (straight MH-60S) compared to the "mutts" (ok I guess that's a dog term... perhaps intentionally so) who flew F/H versions and whose constant "Oh the F/H was just sooooo much better and you had to be a better pilot for it too..." stories got old quick.

On the other hand, thoroughbred is a very specific term for those of us alumni having gone to the elite institution known as The United States Naval Academy. Speaking of which... time to go stare at my ring and relish in the days of old.

Last edited:

BarryD

Contributor

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
I knew a kid whose parents were both Academy people; he was called inbred.

The Boat school weirdos in my squadron used to obsess with masturbation. The called it owning.. Weird shit too.. Like beating off in the T-34 on their solos and wacking away in the back of the S-3..

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
The Boat school weirdos in my squadron used to obsess with masturbation. The called it owning.. Weird shit too.. Like beating off in the T-34 on their solos and wacking away in the back of the S-3..

I've heard a group of Academy guys discussing betting on who would own their cubby hole at SERE. It was made mostly in jest, except for that one guy who said he did.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I've heard a group of Academy guys discussing betting on who would own their cubby hole at SERE. It was made mostly in jest, except for that one guy who said he did.
It would take extraordinary mental discipline to maintain a state of arousal under those conditions.