• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

2 Year Soph App. Preparing for my board and have questions.

Pistol719

Will Over Skill
pilot
Contributor
Hey all,

I've posted here a few times already and got some very helpful advice to my questions so I figured I would ask again for the guidance of the Godfathers :D.

1. Basically I was wondering for those of you who've underwent the interview for the scholarship (preferably the 2yr option). What is it like? What should I expect? (I am prior military and have undergone a officer selection board there, but just curious as to these)

2. Pretaining to the College Program, NOT the scholarship. Who makes the determination as to if you get selected for this? Is it still the scholarship selection board? Or are the college programmers selected from the actual college? (Reason I ask is becaue if I do not get picked up for the scholarship I still want to at least try and get picked up for the program)

3. In regards to grades... I wanted to just get a general opinion about this next question. Please read it all.
-I am a 6 yr navy vet and current reservist .IT2(SW/AW) and hold all MP/EP evals and good PFA results

-Work full time appointed in the FAA and maintain a 9-12 credit hr course load.

-Participate in ALOT of philanthropy(sp) work with my girlfriend in various charities

-Here is where the problem lies.. I HAD a 3.4 GPA but due to a family hardship I failed a course and it dropped to 2.5 last semester. (To give you proof I am not a dirtbag my current GPA coming almost to midterms this spring is a striaght 4.0) I FULLY intend on taking the course over again in the fall and I actually held a B in the class until the hardship occured.

Can I add some kind of memo to my package explaining my situation in regards to grades? And does anyone know (hoping for some officer input here) if the board takes these into consideration?

Being an officer is something I have wanted for well over 6 years. I busted my ass while active duty to get alot of my college knocked out and specifically got out so I can focus on school full time. But unfortunately due to the economy I had to get a job to help. I just wanted to get some opinions as to if the board might show some mercy on my situation or not.