• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

2 Year NROTC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phiman

Well I've finally decided after 1 1/2 years of college to join the Navy! So here's my question should I or shouldn't I join the NROTC? What are the advantages/disadvantages associated with it? What grades do I need to be considered for the 2 year college program and will I be able to go on the first class cruise? For reference, I have a 2.88 gpa, and my major is Finance, I am in the honor's program, and have a letter of recommendation from an Annapolis grad retired Admiral. I also have a 1360 on my SAT, and go to the University of Florida. I don't want to sound cocky or arrogant, I just wanted to let y'all know what I was batting with. (Not that I have anything to be cocky or arrogant about). :) Thanks for any help you can provide.
-Jason

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
Jason,

I also go to UF and work in the VA Office in Criser. I have all the info in the world about NROTC 2 year stuff, as well as a much better program. I am in the office M,T,W at about 9:30 - 12:30. Or call the office at 392-1374 ext 7413 or my cell this weekend at 682-7667.

Dave

gunnerdd972

I bet he is talking about the BDCP program. It is a Navy program, after you pass the ASTB test and physical and the applcation process. You go to a selection board, once accecpted if your GPA is aleast 2.7, (you should have no problem)you are in BDCP. You then are in an Active Duty status, but no drilling, uniforms, or any thing like that. All you do is go to school. Oh you also get E-3 pay, money for food, and money for housing too. But just ask Dave on the app process and he should be able to help you out.

GM2(SW) Hosehead

unfUSN

Phiman - My name is ENS Payne, I work at eh Jacksonville NRD and if your interestd in the BDCP program please feel free to give me a call 1-800-999-NAVY X134 ro X118

ENS Payne

bpikula

Ensign Payne, you're still alive? Good to hear from you. So how did you swing the stash job back here in Jax? I was thinking about doing that myself once OCS is over. Hey, if you don't mind I may give you a call about life at OCS. I start on Jan 12 and could use some advice on a few things. Congratulations on graduating from OCS!

unfUSN

bpikula - give me a call when ever you want... If you can swing it we'll head out to lunch. 1-800-999-NAVY X 134 or X 118 at work or my cell is 904-307-3878

Later
ENS Payne

Status
Not open for further replies.