• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

2 questions

Aircrew Instruc

None
I am about to apply for OCS how long on average has it been to get a result back from the board. 2nd If I don't get accepted can I immediately resubmit? I heard that there is now a 6 month wait to resubmit. I heard the wait is a recent change?

IFT2O

Drinkin' Beer w/ your mom
Aircrew Instruc said:
Yes I am. I'm instructing at the Aircrew School.

I'm a prior P-3 IFT and was stashed there in 2004 JAN-MAR, were you there then?

The wait time definitely varies from person to person. When I submitted my application, it took about a month before I heard back. Some people hear about selection a couple weeks after they submit, sometimes it takes a couple months (usually not).

It also has a lot to do with what you are applying for. Some review boards meet more often than others.

As far as when you can resubmit, they probably will not accept an application immediately because they want you to improve your application somehow before they reconsider you. I believe I waited about three months between applications (3 of them).

Recidivist

you can find out when the selection board meets from your recruiter. my recruiter had me put in for SNA just before the first aviation board of the year, consequently it only took about two and a half weeks to hear back (I was told be prepared to wait upwards of a month to hear back though).

Time between resubmissions was longer for me. ~2yrs (I have my reasons)

S.O.B.

pilot
I was an instructor at RSS in 98 when I was selected for OCS. I found out less than two weeks after sending off the package, I wasn’t aware that there was a board for prior enlisted OCS applicants. I think it says a lot when the C.O. of NASC endorses you. Once I was selected it six months before I started. Good luck