• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

2 OCS questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ninjontsu

OCS Applicant
I'll graduating from college in about a year, I'm thinking of putting in my application by mid '03. I haven't talked to a recruiter yet, and from all the horror stories it sounds like I don't want to! What I was wondering though was this: In other posts people said that you can put down your 3 preferences, and that if you only want SNA, then just put SNA. Now if I do that, but I rejected because of availability (provided tests scores are up to par), can I just re-apply again and again until I get the SNA slot?

#2, do I need letters of recommendation from state reps or senators, etc? How does that work and how do I get one?

Thanks!

rhollin1

#1 Yes you can, but try to do it within 6 months so you don't have to redo the bulk of the paperwork again.

#2 It would behoove you to have your LOR come from high ranking officials, but they don't have to.

Pain...is weakness leaving the body

http://www.geocities.com/ronhollin/

grouch

My LORs came from a department chair at a major university. One came from a professor and another was from my flight instructor. What is interesting is that the one from the professor was less than ideal. He said I was an independant bull headed SOB. He said I only worked well with others if I had to. He also said I only opened my mouth if I was right or if I was joking about something. I used it because I liked it and because it was about 85% right.

Status
Not open for further replies.