• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

2.92 Gpa

Status
Not open for further replies.

uncledave

How big of a problem will this be on an OCS application? My transcripts showed a 3.11, but the GPA calulation shows the 2.92. I knew a 3.11 would be a problem already but a 2.92...
This will be my first attempt at applying to OCS directly although I have applied for BDCP two times already (Third times a charm!). My ASTB scores were about average- 6, 7, 7, 53. I also have 28.2 flight hours with solo time. I submitted my paperwork and hopefully I will find out sometime soon. Any hope for selection with these stats? My choices will be SNA, Supply, and SNFO. Go Navy!

E6286

OCC 191 Select
Things are tough these days. I had a 3.4 and decent ASTB scores, was pro rec'd but not final select. However, the only way to know for certain is to apply. Good Luck!

uncledave

Thanks for the input guys. The only extra curricular activity I have is being in the mathematics club in college so I am not getting very much help on my application in that area. Do you think that my flight hours and being a math major will help to offset that GPA? Also, how do you think the board views someone who was not selected before (2 times!) and still applies (positively or negatively)?

USMC-2-USN

primary...i hate FORMs
Holy $hit...people with 3.xx GPAs are getting shot down for OCS/BDCP?!? When i was applying in 02 they were taking 2.7 GPAs for SNA, SNFO, supply, etc. Needed a 3.3 for NUKE. (I was selected SNA with a 3.2 GPA)

I re-applied for NUKE in 04 with a 3.3x and got shot down!!

I guess things are getting tough

Status
Not open for further replies.