• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USN 2/1/2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
had a quick question. I was curious of steps to become a naval aviator. I'm an accounting major with 3.8 (top of my class) healthy, perfect eye sight, no criminal record. So, basically no waivers. I was curious what steps to follow and my chances. Also, i'm 6'2 170 white male. With that being said, Any advice or chances of becoming a naval aviator.

I know I fit the Profile i've researched that. I have a STEM major and I need no waivers. But, would I be a good candidate that's all? Also, Is it worth risking a public accounting job and has anyone else been in this situation.

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
Step one is look through this forum for info, and make a list of questions. Step two is to find an officer recruiter and ask those questions.

Not sure what your current job situation is, but if you need to weigh an accounting job against the chance to become a Naval Aviator, you can guess which one most of the people on this forum will recommend you pick. You can always be an accountant later.

Tycho_Brohe

pilot
Contributor
I don't know that they call it "flight contracts," I usually think Marine Corps when I hear that, but if you get picked up for pilot for OCS and you pass everything medically, you're pretty much guaranteed to go to flight training unless you fail or request to drop out. If you have a 3.8 gpa, I wouldn't worry about failing academically, so focus on getting in shape.
Your recruiter will arrange for you to take an ASTB, the Aviation Standard Test Battery, to assess your probability of success in flight training. Find some study material on that here as well.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hi all,
had a quick question. I was curious of steps to become a naval aviator. I'm an accounting major with 3.8 (top of my class) healthy, perfect eye sight, no criminal record. So, basically no waivers. I was curious what steps to follow and my chances. Also, i'm 6'2 170 white male. With that being said, Any advice or chances of becoming a naval aviator.

Talk to an Officer Recruiter. This has been explained to you countless times.

There are two different types of people in this world: those who take the initiative and those who like things spoon fed to them. Right now, you're demonstrating yourself to be the latter. Which one do you think Naval Officers are?

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
OP, you’re asking very basic questions and they’ve been asked and answered hundreds of times on this site. It’s not useful to anyone, including you, to have dozens of redundant life story/basic questions/what are my chances? threads.

Spend some time reading up, especially on the stickied threads. Post once you’ve done that, if you’re still puzzled. Welcome aboard, happy reading, good luck to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.