• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

2.0..2.5....now 3.2??

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTP

I'm about 3 weeks away from turning in my package w/ my PRK waiver. Ghost...do you really know for a fact that it is now a minimum GPA of 3.2, or is this 2nd/3rd source info? I would be calling my recruiter right now, but it is Sunday.

Has anyone else heard about this? These atandards and now higher than the Air Farce.

YEAH COME ON!!

ghost_ttu

This came directly from my recruiter and I saw it in writing. He said that it is just to slow down the # of applicants until they can get the wait to a more manageable timeframe.

E6286

OCC 191 Select
Okay, your information is wrong. You only need a 2.0 to be conisdered for an aviation slot (you probably won't get it) but it is all you need. The 3.2 GPA requirement is for the BDCP program ONLY!

JTP

Thanks E6286.....I was about to say. I'm gonna pay a visit to my recruiter tomorrow and get this all figured out.

GHOST...what the hell man, your making me worry.

YEAH COME ON!!

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Doesn't that seem strange that GPA is such a factor? A student at one school with a 3.0 might be superior to a student at another school with a 4.0. Or how about majors? Are they putting on majors on the same level? Just a thought... not that it really matters now.

JTP

Yeah...I only had a 2.9, but I was a business major and I worked my ass off for it. I'm just not business savvy. I wasn't flying for grades, but working spreadsheets and all other crazy computer formulas. Anyhow, I did hear that it was now a 2.5...I don't that they could jump it all the way to a 3.2, but I'll find out from my recruiter tomorrow.

YEAH COME ON!!

AdamS

E6286!! You are my bloody hero!! You just relieved a huge burden from my shoulders, and I am now going full out to get my app done in the next few weeks!

ghost_ttu

Talk to your recruiter. I'm just saying that my recruiter showed me the spreadsheet that was sent from Tennessee, because it was addressed to him. And it basically was talking blah blah blah we have a long wait and we are limiting applicants until this becomes more manageable. Basically a lot of recruiters were bitching because they have to babysit SNA's for a year and a half as of now before they go to OCS. The paper said a 3.2 I hope that it was bad info for you man, but I'm telling you what I saw on Friday. And it wasn't for BDCP. He said they would most likely drop it once the wait for OCS becomes a shorter wait. Like I said, I hope that I'm wrong and the letter that I saw was just specific to him or something, but he has shot from the hip thus far. Let me know if you find out differently.

ghost_ttu

So today is Monday, I'm curious if anyone talked to their recruiters and found something out differently than what I saw about the gpa requirements. If anyone can find out how many billets they have open for OCS SNA slots for 04 that would be good information as well.

JTP

Talked to my recruiter today....She stated that the 3.2 makes an applicant "more appealing", but it is not a requirement. The 2.5 is a requirement. If you have a 2.5+, but strong scores elsewhere w/ a good military family background that's just as good as a 3.2.
So....IT IS NOT A REQUIREMENT.....it just helps.

YEAH COME ON!!

ghost_ttu

Thank you JTP. Sorry if I stressed anyone out, I was just reporting what I was told. And what I saw. Any word on how many SNA slots for 04 are available?

AdamS

GHost, certainly not your fault, though you did nearly give me a heart attack :)!!
Great to here JTP, thanks for the info. I too, want to know the overall availability for 04(as in, are there spots open for very early in the year or not) Ghost, I am heading to talk to my recruiter on Wednesday. This will really be my first chat with him, but I already have a lot of information so hopefully he will cooperate and let me ask him these questions. I am going ot make a list, so if anything else let me know.

ghost_ttu

Here is an email that I received from my recruiter today in reference to what JTP's recruiter said:

We got a message from CNRC headquarters last tuesday and it said that they are
looking for applicants with:

1. 3.2 gpa
2. AQR = 6 FAR = 7
3. Positive Factors: Flight License / Experience
4. Major: Technical Degree

If the other recruiter has other information, it was not given to the rest of
us. Also, they have opened the FY04 slots, but they did not lower the scores
yet.

LCDR Shannon

heiseycp

In reference to this topic GHOST is correct. My recruiter has told me that although the min. to apply is 2.5 the min. to really get looked at (with a non TECH degree) is a 3.2. That sucks for me because i'm in the same boat. I have a 2.9 at a Business School and had to work my ASS off just to earn that. I double majored because I thought I wanted to be "Joe-Business" and after the past three months in NYC interning I've decided that the life of a business pro. is NOT for me. Almost a total waste of money looking back on the double major. I have decided to return to JMU to "complete a minor" just so I can attempt to pad my GPA up to about a 3.1 and change.

Thought some of the info may help,

CPH

AdamS

Heisey-I would think about that twice. I considered doing that this year at UVA, and then decided to start my masters in government and foreign affairs at UMD-CP this past fall. I got a 4.0 on my classes, but I dont think they will even take it into consideration. I would go ahead and apply and see what you can get before going back to school. Another minor from JMU might not really be that much help..just my 2 cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.