• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1903a4 replica

flaps

happy to be here
None
Contributor
got one of these about a year ago, like it a lot. about a 3.0 moa shooter with cmp ammo.
just fine for a battle rifle.
1903a4.jpg
i think the best milsurp deals were the yugo m48 mausers. used to be just under $200.00.
looked brand new after cleaning.
i stuck a set of apature front and rear sights on this one. also about 3.0 moa with milsurp 8mm.
111003706_5f791eab64_o.jpg

111003119_4a6112f596_z.jpg

HackerF15E

Retired Strike Pig Driver
None
What do you think of the quality overall? There's lots of discussion pro and con on the CMP forums and elsewhere, but it's tough to separate the wheat from chaff.

Are there welds ground off the barrel or receiver that you can see?

Sounds like a very good deal if you can accept the perceived risk.

flaps

happy to be here
None
Contributor
hiya,hack

as you probably know the original a4's were not outstanding sniper rifles.but they were good enough. gibbs did a fine job of replicating them

the gibbs replicas have recieved a lot of bad press. i would guess mostly gossip and opinions but very few 1st hand reports.
facts,
new barrel
reciever has no evidence of a weld or metal repair
stock is fine
headspaced fine.
about a 5 pound trigger
about a 3.0 moa shooter
legal for cmp service matches

i have not seen any posts about poor quality control or functional problems. i don't doubt there have been problems but that would be the case with any rifle.
i guess i'm reasonably familiar with milsurp rifles (got about 35). lee enfields, mausers, mosins, garands, and an ar-15 or 2.
my dealer ordered one for himself when he saw mine.
i think for the bucks its a fine deal.
hope this helps.

stay safe, hack. and thanks for your service.
ed
1968, quantico
309805621_b501d67eb7.jpg
1970, vietnam (FAC with the 1st marines).

2370539241_f1f3d591a8.jpg

today
410200812_01e8b8662a_z.jpg

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
There are more than a few people on this board who would trade their firstborn for the M14 in the Q-town picture... myself included, even though I've got no children that I know of.

flaps

happy to be here
None
Contributor
well, as you probably know m14's are considered machine guns by the BATF
i have a springfield m1a which is about as close as you can get to an m14.
it has mostly usgi parts, except for the reciever.
i got several stocks from numrich gunparts corp. i enjoy refinishing them.
british lee enfield no.4 mk2t
330180952_3d167c3792_z.jpg

45-70 trapdoor. great rifle (except for little big horn)
321569501_f34038a7de.jpg

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
I shot a very, very nicely done M14 on the Boat School High Powered Rifle Team. Well, before they took the money and gave it to the football team, that is. I'd heard somewhere that the team had resurfaced a year or two after I graduated, but that the M14s (other than the 5,000+ DE-MILLED drill rifles) were long gone. Horrible shame if it's true.

I remember the two times I actually got to fire 'mine' on full auto. Just...incredible. What a beast. I couldn't hit shit with it on FA, but it was sure fun.

Even without considering the lack of auto, my M1A pales in comparison to those rifles. While I probably wouldn't give up my firstborn for one, I might trade either someone else's firstborn, or maybe my second one when it comes around.