• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

14Jan22 SWO Board

isabg0919

SWO Candidate- OCS May 29, 2022
There is no board for SWO on 14 Jan. That is the submission deadline last time I checked. I believe the actual date of the board is 21 Feb.
21 Feb is the date of the board, that is correct! Packages are due next Friday though I believe.

isabg0919

I want to say that the board will start on 02/22-23. Being that President’s day is the 21st.
Yes, I think you are correct and I heard someone else mention that. On a side note, I am surprised there has not been much going on this page of the forum. I wonder if this will be a smaller board, but then again I know a lot of people just don't know about this page. Anyways good luck! This is my second SWO board and now it is my first and only choice, so hoping for the best :)

Yes, I think you are correct and I heard someone else mention that. On a side note, I am surprised there has not been much going on this page of the forum. I wonder if this will be a smaller board, but then again I know a lot of people just don't know about this page. Anyways good luck! This is my second SWO board and now it is my first and only choice, so hoping for the best :)
Good luck to you as well :)
I noticed the same thing that there isn’t much attention on this thread. Doesn’t mean there isn’t a lot of applicants, just those that haven’t chimed into air warriors forums or this page existing in general lol.
This is my first board!

With this being your second board.
From your first board, how quickly did your recruiter notify you from the date the board convened to when you found out your results?

isabg0919

Thank you so much! I find as we get closer I keep getting more nervous even though this is my 3rd board now (second SWO), so that doesn't change. The first time around in my application I applied for 1) Supply and 2) SWO in my application, and understand why they would not select. I will be graduating in May and so hoping that my 3.86 gpa improvement for my Supply Chain Management & Info. Systems degree will be enough despite my low OAR. I decided not to retake yet as a 46 is not ideal, but also not horrible. But yes, first boards are always exciting, I can not even imagine what getting call for select would be like. Can only imagine until it happens.

isabg0919

With this being your second board.
From your first board, how quickly did your recruiter notify you from the date the board convened to when you found out your results?
Many people post the list here before your recruiter even notifies you (meaning you might find out before even getting a call). And the last board I was on was 3 weeks from board convene to results. By that logic we should find out around March 14-15 if this still follows. So a little under 4 weeks maybe until results (4-5).

Thank you so much! I find as we get closer I keep getting more nervous even though this is my 3rd board now (second SWO), so that doesn't change. The first time around in my application I applied for 1) Supply and 2) SWO in my application, and understand why they would not select. I will be graduating in May and so hoping that my 3.86 gpa improvement for my Supply Chain Management & Info. Systems degree will be enough despite my low OAR. I decided not to retake yet as a 46 is not ideal, but also not horrible. But yes, first boards are always exciting, I can not even imagine what getting call for select would be like. Can only imagine until it happens.
My package isn’t the strongest but I’m coming into this first board with confidence.
I am a male 25 years old.
Bachelors Degree in Sports Medicine
GPA: 3.67
According to my recruiter, a strong motivational statement.
OAR: 43 so not great at all but my recruiter said the GPA and motivational statement can outweigh that weakness in my package.
I have 3 LoR from 1 Ret. Navy Capt. and 2 Lt. Col
2 Character references (Chief Medical Officer where I work and professor) along with 2 employer reference forms.

Hoping for the absolute best with this go-round.

Many people post the list here before your recruiter even notifies you (meaning you might find out before even getting a call). And the last board I was on was 3 weeks from board convene to results. By that logic we should find out around March 14-15 if this still follows. So a little under 4 weeks maybe until results (4-5).
Curious as to how other folks would have results of the board before the recruiters even notify lol
But that is really great insight. Thank you for sharing your experience on how your board went. :)

isabg0919

My package isn’t the strongest but I’m coming into this first board with confidence.
I am a male 25 years old.
Bachelors Degree in Sports Medicine
GPA: 3.67
According to my recruiter, a strong motivational statement.
OAR: 43 so not great at all but my recruiter said the GPA and motivational statement can outweigh that weakness in my package.
I have 3 LoR from 1 Ret. Navy Capt. and 2 Lt. Col
2 Character references (Chief Medical Officer where I work and professor) along with 2 employer reference forms.

Hoping for the absolute best with this go-round.
If it is any comfort, I have seen many people picked up the last few boards with lower statistics. Of course those are just statistics and I didn't know everything in their package, but your information looks good. I saw to be competitive they want people with 3.4+ gpa and 50s OAR. Also, from what I was told Oar is secondary. SWO loves a strong gpa and degree

isabg0919

Curious as to how other folks would have results of the board before the recruiters even notify lol
But that is really great insight. Thank you for sharing your experience on how your board went. :)
Of course! Also, this is because some people who are active duty I believe have access to the page where results post (of which the civs don't have access). Many times they will post names as they come out for us so we dont have to wait haha

If it is any comfort, I have seen many people picked up the last few boards with lower statistics. Of course those are just statistics and I didn't know everything in their package, but your information looks good. I saw to be competitive they want people with 3.4+ gpa and 50s OAR. Also, from what I was told Oar is secondary. SWO loves a strong gpa and degree
Yeah I’m not too concerned. I feel strong and confident about my package. I too heard that an OAR of 50 is better but I’ve seen results on some spreadsheet that show prospects selected with lower OAR but high GPA. Definitely excited and nervous.
If the board results come out as you presume base off of previous experience, I’ll be celebrating two things that week, my wedding and being selected :)