• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

12 month ADT opportunity @ CNRFC

yoyotanker

pilot
CNRFC is looking for 3 or 4 SELRES to put on ADT for a year. The job will be about Force design and the movement of billets from admin roles to Fleets and warfighting, as well as realigning and restructuring of reserve units. If you're familiar with last year's Reserve Capability Review (RCR), this will be a continuation of that effort. An advertisement is up on ZipServe under CNRFC Force Design (may be Plans & Policy Force Design, I didn't write it) with some more information. No need to apply through ZipServe, just shoot a resume to the POCs listed. Desire is for a LT or LCDR, but a solid O-5 would be considered. Orders begin 1 October, but realistically will require a couple weeks to do all the paperwork.

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
Is this continuous ADT or multiple sets of back-to-back ADT orders? And, is this telecommute or on-site? If back-to-back and telecommute, I'd jump on it no matter what type of a fool's errand it is.

Reserve units could use some serious realigning and restructuring (e.g., NR C10F), however, I question what influence, if any, an O3 or O4 will have on any decisioning. There are too many people's feelings to hurt and sandboxes to disturb versus actually doing the obvious.

Last edited:

fieldrat

Fully Qualified 1815
Is this continuous ADT or multiple sets of back-to-back ADT orders? And, is this telecommute or on-site?

Reserve units could use some serious realigning and restructuring (e.g., NR C10F), however, I question what influence, if any, an O3 or O4 will have on any decisioning.
From my experience, it's likely to be meted out quarter by quarter, but all supporting the same requirement. Helps spread out the 'spend' across the FY, and incidentally, gives the member an off-ramp if the job gets sideways.

yoyotanker

pilot
Is this continuous ADT or multiple sets of back-to-back ADT orders? And, is this telecommute or on-site? If back-to-back and telecommute, I'd jump on it no matter what type of a fool's errand it is.

Reserve units could use some serious realigning and restructuring (e.g., NR C10F), however, I question what influence, if any, an O3 or O4 will have on any decisioning. There are too many people's feelings to hurt and sandboxes to disturb versus actually doing the obvious.
I'd have to verify it, but I'm nearly positive this has been already approved for the full year of ADT. The orders may be written in shorter increments initially, but it is a full year of work. No telework available for this job, you'd have to move to the Norfolk area. I understand that may be undesirable for only 1 year of work. As for the rank issue, there are already multiple O-5s and O-6s on the project, and it has the support of CNR. The reason for LT & LCDR is for cost, and frankly, it's a lot of data grinding work and building products. This group will be analyzing units and providing realignment recommendations based on previous data gathering efforts.

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
I'd have to verify it, but I'm nearly positive this has been already approved for the full year of ADT. The orders may be written in shorter increments initially, but it is a full year of work. No telework available for this job, you'd have to move to the Norfolk area. I understand that may be undesirable for only 1 year of work. As for the rank issue, there are already multiple O-5s and O-6s on the project, and it has the support of CNR. The reason for LT & LCDR is for cost, and frankly, it's a lot of data grinding work and building products. This group will be analyzing units and providing realignment recommendations based on previous data gathering efforts.
Thanks for taking the time to clarify. Would love to be a part of this and have the opportunity to read unit CO monthly production reports and, in many cases, call them for what they are -- self licking ice cream cones -- and re-align as necessary.

Hopefully this will lead to decisioning on what they want to do with the Navy Reserve: strategic or tactical.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Thanks for taking the time to clarify. Would love to be a part of this and have the opportunity to read unit CO monthly production reports and, in many cases, call them for what they are -- self licking ice cream cones -- and re-align as necessary.

Hopefully this will lead to decisioning on what they want to do with the Navy Reserve: strategic or tactical.
giphy.gif

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
No telework available for this job, you'd have to move to the Norfolk area. I understand that may be undesirable for only 1 year of work.

As for the rank issue, there are already multiple O-5s and O-6s on the project, and it has the support of CNR. The reason for LT & LCDR is for cost, and frankly, it's a lot of data grinding work and building products.
Strongly suggest revisiting telework here - the folks with this skillset are in high demand everywhere, and absent high side data sets, nothing about this needs physical presence.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
@yoyotanker - my AT was very similar to this, only focused on a Naples-centric data set - and working via Teams went off without a hitch.

I'd love to do it for a year, especially on a larger and richer data set, but I can't move to Norfolk for a year.

Happy to discuss how it can be done.

yoyotanker

pilot
@yoyotanker - my AT was very similar to this, only focused on a Naples-centric data set - and working via Teams went off without a hitch.

I'd love to do it for a year, especially on a larger and richer data set, but I can't move to Norfolk for a year.

Happy to discuss how it can be done.
Unfortunately, telework is a non-starter with the O-6s.

yoyotanker

pilot
Something is better than nothing.
I don't disagree with that sentiment, but I do agree with the O-6s on this one. I worked on the RCR previously and know what lies ahead for this job and I think it would be difficult to make happen on Teams with the work that needs to happen and the way tasking happens at RESFOR.

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
My company has over 200,000 people working from home, including myself, thousands of whom, due to COVID, are new to telecommuting and who are revenue generating employees (e.g. traders). We are managing just fine with revenue generation, tackling regulatory issues, and more.

Even when I was a consultant we were moving away from being "on site" all of the time due to costs to the client.

Not sure why the Navy or a group of O6's cannot figure this out.

Last edited:

subreservist

Is it really that difficult to accept the advertised posting as-is?

If you really have ideas on making Navy Reserve better, including how jobs are designed and coded, submit to the Navy Reserve Policy Board. That's what they are for.

I recently did NRUM (Navy Reserve Unit Mgmt) course and even though the staff put it right up front to hold questions about adjusting policy and procedure, there was that contingent that just couldn't help themselves. Arguing all types of policy, when we are not in the correct forum to change it. The goal of the course is to train to the policies as-is.

The goal of OP is to fill the billet as-is.