• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

12 JUN 18 IWC Board

calidude620

I didn't see a thread for this board yet. Correct me if there's one out there already or I missed an update on this board being moved. Best of luck to everyone!

I didn't see a thread for this board yet. Correct me if there's one out there already or I missed an update on this board being moved. Best of luck to everyone!

I haven't seen a thread yet, and I've been watching out for one. I wonder if the lack of a thread indicates fewer applicants to the this board. What designators are you submitting for?

calidude620

Hmm, interesting take. A lot of groups existed 4-6 months prior to their board date, so you might be right. I missed out on Intel in DEC, so I changed it up and added SWO at the suggestion of many on here. Trying for 1. SWO-IW, 2. SWO 3. SWO-IP this time around.

exNavyOffRec

I haven't seen a thread yet, and I've been watching out for one. I wonder if the lack of a thread indicates fewer applicants to the this board. What designators are you submitting for?

nope, a very small percentage of applicants actually end up on this site.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hmm, interesting take. A lot of groups existed 4-6 months prior to their board date, so you might be right. I missed out on Intel in DEC, so I changed it up and added SWO at the suggestion of many on here. Trying for 1. SWO-IW, 2. SWO 3. SWO-IP this time around.

The SWO- IWC options are essentially going to the NROTC and USNA sources. Good news is that IWC boards will consider you for all IWC designators.

exNavyOffRec

OPNAV N13 approved my Exception to Policy Request for the Navy Program Authorization 108D GPA minimum requirement. Checking in for the IWC board.

I am going to be blunt with you, they shouldn't have approved it, he just didn't want to be the bad guy and say "no" so he will let the board do it, the average GPA is 3.5 and for IP and SWO-IP they take tech degrees (calc and calc based physics) like 95% of the time.

You are going up against people who have tech degrees and very high GPA's.

Vincent

Wow, I had no idea. Thank you.

If you aren't aware, they changed the entire process for requesting waivers. OCMs are no longer the approving authority, it's now It is FAR more difficult to get an exception to policy since it's via OPNAV N13. My CO was asked questions on my behalf. I had to justify the reason for it with a letter that my Commanding Officer had to endorse and sign.

This wasn't done lightly and I'll be blunt I didn't ask for your opinion on if they should have approved it or not.

I don't know what your goal was when you typed that up.

Last edited:

exNavyOffRec

If you aren't aware, they changed the entire process for requesting waivers. OCMs are no longer the approving authority, it's now It is FAR more difficult to get an exception to policy since it's via OPNAV N13. My CO was asked questions on my behalf. I had to justify the reason for it with a letter that my Commanding Officer had to endorse and sign.

This wasn't done lightly and I'll be blunt I didn't ask for your opinion on if they should have approved it or not.

very simply to let you know that the person that signed off on ETP shouldn't have, probably felt pressured to do it given your CO was involved figuring the board would do what he didn't feel like doing.

The ETP isn't going to change the fact that you are going to be compared against those that have tech degrees and high GPA's

You do realize this board is so competitive there have been boards where they made one cut of anyone with a combined GPA of less than 3.0 don't you? The IWC and Supply boards are cutthroat.

calidude620

I wouldn't worry too much about it. You're on the board. The worst they can say is no. A lot of us, myself included, reach out to those in the recruiting community to kind of see where we stand. I missed out on IWC board in DEC with numbers pretty similar to yours, but I knew my chances were a little lower going in without a STEM thanks to the community here. Worst case, you get a pro-rec N, and you try another designation or finish your Graduate degree. Looks like you're killing it there. Good luck!

FormerRecruitingGuru

I wouldn't worry too much about it. You're on the board. The worst they can say is no. A lot of us, myself included, reach out to those in the recruiting community to kind of see where we stand. I missed out on IWC board in DEC with numbers pretty similar to yours, but I knew my chances were a little lower going in without a STEM thanks to the community here. Worst case, you get a pro-rec N, and you try another designation or finish your Graduate degree. Looks like you're killing it there. Good luck!

It’s a little bit different when you have a 3.4 GPA instead of a 2.4-ish which I believe he had.

FormerRecruitingGuru

OCMs are no longer the approving authority, it's now It is FAR more difficult to get an exception to policy since it's via OPNAV N13.

No, the OCMs and PMs are still the waiver handling authority. If the situation/condition is not waiverable, yes you can submit an ETP up to CNP (via N13).

Speaking of which, enjoy the ETP while you still possibly can with the possibility of N1 cracking down on allowing folks who don’t meet the requirments to apply.

exNavyOffRec

No, the OCMs and PMs are still the waiver handling authority. If the situation/condition is not waiverable, yes you can submit an ETP up to CNP (via N13).

Speaking of which, enjoy the ETP while you still possibly can with the possibility of N1 cracking down on allowing folks who don’t meet the requirments to apply.

It is about time, I believe this is the only CNP that has allowed any ETP, with the others you either met it or you didn't.