• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

11 Feb 2007

SteveR

I was selected for Supply Corps and will start on 11FEB07 in Class 12-07. Seeing if any other teammates (classmates) are out there on this site. Let's get in contact with each other.
Steve

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I was selected for Supply Corps and will start on 11FEB07 in Class 12-07. Seeing if any other teammates are out there on this site. Let's get in contact with each other.
Steve
I guess that depends on what team you are on.

rbarnold2626

Steve, while I will not be in your class, I certainly hope to be in by the end of this year. I too put in for supply (along with intell and IW). Do you have any insight as to what the board is looking for or if you could even post your stats so that I could get a comparison? Any help you can give would be great. Thanks.

mkazan

board dates 2007

when did you put your package together in order to be given a class. In 2007 when are the boards conducted. I am going to take the ASTb but I really want to know when the next board so I can get into a unit and start.

PNight12

Hey rbarnold2626. I applied for the same 3 and was selected for supply. I got a 54 on my ASTB and was told that a 48 is the competitive score. My GPA was a 2.95 (3.2 is competitive) but i had alot of improvement from freshman to senior year, and appearently selectors take alot of stock in that. I had pretty decent expirience in business though internships and jobs. I was the captain of my college rugby team and had pretty decent letters of recommendation. I also did an interview with a Commander in the supply corps and had him wright a letter of rec. (letters of rec from a high ranking officer in the field you are pursuing help your case significantly I highly suggest getting one). I also have a little family history in the Navy. I was told that the Supply selection board meets to take new applications on the second week of each month. This will take 6-8 weeks to hear back from ( I heard back after 7). I sent out for final selection a week and a half ago and am expecting a class date in late march or early april. i started in august and should ship out in march, so thats the kind of time line you can expect. there will be a lot of frustrating processing period that seem to take forever, and it is lengthy process, but the faster you do your own paper work the quicker you will get through. also dont expect your recruiter to hold your hand through the process, they have a lot of other people to take care of and are constantly out of the office at job fairs and chasing down leads. but, that is part of the weed out process, the navy wants officers that are self motivated. But anyway, i hope that answered some of your questions and and good luck on your application.

rbarnold2626

Thanks for the information PNight. I actually withdrew my name from the supply board today because I decided that I wanted to focus primarily on Intel or IW. I have heard that if I got selected by supply only and turned it down, that would look bad on my part. In reality, I only want the other 2, supply was just a throw in.