• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

$1000 or $500 for M@$$holes.

MasterBates

The Communist-wealth of Massachusetts is giving $500 or $1000 to people who were MA residents for 6 months prior to entering the Armed Forces, and have served on or after 9/11. Need not be current resident.

$500 for service, $1000 if you went to (or near) Iraq of Afghanistan.

Link

http://www.mass.gov/treasury

Click on Veterans Bonus, then Welcome Home Bonus.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
Next month: Mass to raise taxes due to budget shortfalls . . .

btw, does military pay state taxes if stationed outside of mass?

sarnav

Good Deal

It is legit, I got it last year with almost no hassle. Only thing is they have weird rules about the 1000, but the 500 was good enough. At FC2, Dont know how MasterB did it but I have had to pay taxes since joining the Navy.

SN

skipio

BuGGiN OuT
I heard about this a little while back. Isn't this a Mitt Romney thing? From what I've read about him, I like him. Romney '08? :)

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It is legit, I got it last year with almost no hassle. Only thing is they have weird rules about the 1000, but the 500 was good enough. At FC2, Dont know how MasterB did it but I have had to pay taxes since joining the Navy.

SN

You're in FL. Just change your state of residence at PSD to FL and you won't have to pay. I'm a FL resident for tax purposes and I haven't resided in the state for 7 years. Just makes things easier.

Brett

snizo

Supply Officer
You can even get a FL drivers license with a non-FL address when you PCS somewhere else ;)

There's a reason so many military members are residents of FL.

HalfBreed

None
IL residents don't have to pay state taxes either. Also, as long as you serve 2 years tuition is waived for any state university. I think Texas also offers this deal.