• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

10 yr minimum to retire as officer RULES/REGS ??

EM1toNFO

Killing insurgents with my 'messages'!!
None
Alright, I found this old thread: http://www.airwarriors.com/forum/sh...hlight=10+year+minimum+retirement+officer+pay

However, I can't seem to find if it is still in effect, has been permanently changed or what.

I'll have 12 years + (almost to the day of active duty time) when I commission. My question is can I do training plus 6 after wings (which will put me to 8 as an officer, 20 total), will I be able to retire as an officer?

I've looked here and at NPC and can't find any instruction that states it is 10 years.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Maybe in fact you will enjoy flying Navy wings (or rotors) enough to enjoy those last 2 years....just sayin. Isn't the obligation for all 1210's 8 yrs following wings still?

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
Not sure about Nuclear Power Instructors (1210 designators) ;), but all 1310's are 8 years.

EM1toNFO

Killing insurgents with my 'messages'!!
None
Yeah that would be great :) But I'm too old to be a SNA :( so I went the SNFO route. So, I'd be a 1320, which has a shorter period after wings (6 years vice 8).