• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

>:0

BarrettRC8

VMFA
pilot
I took the ASTB last Thursday here in Tallahassee, FL at the Marine Officer Recruiting Station. The test was sent priority to Pensacola to get graded (I sure wish I had taken the computerized version) and was told that I would get my results today, 24Jan06. Well, after waiting all weekend I get the call... and find out that they don't have any report of me taking the test at this time. So I have to wait another week apparently until next Tuesday to find out... provided it wasn't lost in the mail or some sort of odd occurance that would really upset me.

Anyway, I was just wondering how long some of you had to wait to get your scores back... this is killing me!

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
get used to it...paperwork gets lost, just be glad it wasn't anything you can't retake...

Here's hoping that the results turn up soon...

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
Ryan_Cunningham said:
Anyway, I was just wondering how long some of you had to wait to get your scores back... this is killing me!

Just over 5 weeks wait for me. Yeah, it sucked.

Slammer2

Contributor
well, I took the test and the Lt. told me that I should hear back within two weeks. Two weeks went by and I didn't hear anything so I called. He said that there wasnt any word back yet. Then I called again once a week for the next two asking about it. Same response. So I remembered seeing somewhere on this forum a long time ago about how you could email nomi and if you had a .mil email address they could send you your scores. I'm not sure if things have changed since then or not. So I sent an email asking if they had any record of my scores or at least me taking the test. I got an email back the next day saying that my scores were in and that I need a .mil email address or a postal address to send them to. I forwarded the email to my recruiter askin him how I should proceed and he called me up saying that he just got them. Craziness....but the wait did suck a little bit

selmacf7

Nice work. Mine came back in about 1.5 weeks... 8/9/8... the last 8 irritated me because I know the question I missed (might have been two). Damn FOFAR. Damn noon sextant bearings...

If I DO end up putting a package in I think I'll re-take, as Coastie gives you that opportunity in OCS. Not sure how getting PRK would work with the timeline though, guess I'd have to have it prior to going to OCS.

Coastie or ATC, Coastie or ATC, Coastie or ATC...

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
erautreetopflyr said:
Nice work. Mine came back in about 1.5 weeks... 8/9/8... the last 8 irritated me because I know the question I missed (might have been two). Damn FOFAR. Damn noon sextant bearings...

If I DO end up putting a package in I think I'll re-take, as Coastie gives you that opportunity in OCS. Not sure how getting PRK would work with the timeline though, guess I'd have to have it prior to going to OCS.

Coastie or ATC, Coastie or ATC, Coastie or ATC...

uhhhh...y retake? Isn't 8/9/8 GTG? Shite, I didn't do that good.

~D

Slammer2

Contributor
i know that its been put up here a bunch of times, but just an FYI for others who may not know...keep in mind that if you retake the test, your latest score will be the new one...not the best out of the two (or three I suppose...)

batman527

Banned
I took mine on a Thursday and got the scores back the following Tuesday, and I took the paper test. I would have gotten it on that Monday, but the office was closed due to MLK Jr. day. I don't know how my OSO worked it, but that's how it went for me at least. Oh ya, 8/8/8 for me too. Three cheers for almost perfect scores.

selmacf7

Well I don't think I'd do any worse... if I'd seen that type of math in the last 4 years I would've done alot better (spent 5 minutes trying to remember basic exponent stuff). Aviation stuff I'm not concerned about (light signals were the hard part). Dunno. Might take it again even if I decide not to apply, just to see if I can get that elusive perfect score. Plus OAR could be higher.

selmacf7

They wer along the lines of "You see a flashing green light coming from the tower, what do you do?" type questions. I'm less-than-sober right now, so I don't remember them all. I think they asked about solid green and another flashing color. Just read up on them in the parking lot and you'll be okay (my roomie, a CFI, had taken the test a few months prior and made sure to overview them with me).

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
erautreetopflyr said:
Aviation stuff I'm not concerned about. Might take it again even if I decide not to apply, just to see if I can get that elusive perfect score.

Just don't crash and burn, Mav...