• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

25May20 SNA/SNFO (Pilot/NFO) Board

EScot

Is everybody who is receiving dates getting them with their FINSEL? Or is the recruiter reaching out saying they have a date, then have to wait more for the actual FINSEL?
I am slated for the 18 October class, but I still have not received my FINSEL. I spoke to my recruiter today, and he said there was something minor that was not completed with my background check. However, he said the problem was taken care of and I should receive my FINSEL next week.

Got this fun text today. Does anybody have more information on this?

View attachment 27306
It may be due to the FY close out... I’m on Marine Corps Recruiting Duty right now and we “closed out” our FY mission at the end of August and aren’t allowed to submit anything to join until 1 October.. could be that NRC has hit their mission and told everyone hard stop? I’m just throwing ideas out there though lol.. hopefully you get to keep your October ship date ??

exNavyOffRec

It may be due to the FY close out... I’m on Marine Corps Recruiting Duty right now and we “closed out” our FY mission at the end of August and aren’t allowed to submit anything to join until 1 October.. could be that NRC has hit their mission and told everyone hard stop? I’m just throwing ideas out there though lol.. hopefully you get to keep your October ship date ??
Officer recruiting doesn't work like that.

Ricosroughnecks7

Good luck everyone at OCS. I found out that my most improved ASTB scores were not submitted in my kit/package! Go figure, what an experience this has been. So I'll be in NOV board for a resubmit. Hopefully I'll meet some of you guys down the road.

Docyetti

Damn super glad most people seemed to have a tentative ship date at least, I still have not received word yet. I don’t care so much about waiting a long time to leave, but the not knowing is annoying

xeroseal87

So for those getting ready, ROM is kinda boring, but they try to keep you busy. If you really wanted to you could try to get into the swing of things for indoc phase. PT twice a day weather permitting and it is mostly on your own. Some of the time is used to show how to do the navy warm up exercises and how you are expected to do it when OCS actually starts. Bright side is we get a head start.....down side is I guarantee they will be less lenient as if we were just learning it the first time. One of the RDCs and some of the CANIDOs are helping to train us before the real fun begins....probably won't help much but I appreciate none the less.

Skywalker

Student Naval Aviator
So for those getting ready, ROM is kinda boring, but they try to keep you busy. If you really wanted to you could try to get into the swing of things for indoc phase. PT twice a day weather permitting and it is mostly on your own. Some of the time is used to show how to do the navy warm up exercises and how you are expected to do it when OCS actually starts. Bright side is we get a head start.....down side is I guarantee they will be less lenient as if we were just learning it the first time. One of the RDCs and some of the CANIDOs are helping to train us before the real fun begins....probably won't help much but I appreciate none the less.
Is ROM in King or Nimitz?