• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

IWC Board 2 MAR 2020

NCCGT

Anyone hear anything from their recruiter?
I got an update last week that he hadn’t heard anything new, which didn’t surprise me though since the board isn’t supposed to even convene until next Monday.

I wasn’t expecting results until late April/early May...and that was before the pandemic.

dsv493

I got an update last week that he hadn’t heard anything new, which didn’t surprise me though since the board isn’t supposed to even convene until next Monday.

I wasn’t expecting results until late April/early May...and that was before the pandemic.
My recruiter still believes they originally met at the beginning of the month. The thing that would improve the process would be transparent timelines for applicants so that those of us who’ve been putting our lives on hold for this decision can begin to execute contingency plans.

Griesyburger

My recruiter still believes they originally met at the beginning of the month. The thing that would improve the process would be transparent timelines for applicants so that those of us who’ve been putting our lives on hold for this decision can begin to execute contingency plans.
If I were you I would assume the board was intended to meet March 30th but will probably be delayed again due to the coronavirus

A-Aron

If I were you I would assume the board was intended to meet March 30th but will probably be delayed again due to the coronavirus

Those are not accession boards.

The accession boards operate under different rules, accession boards can and often are held remote, with each board member in a different location, N3M for quite a while used to work from home, processors can do the same. Pretty much everything is electronic.

Because board members are able to work without physically convening, I don't see COVID-19 pushing the board date further back, but at this point I guess anything is possible.

Tag

I just checked my email at work and I received one from Mr. Celestine at NRC on the 18th confirming the board was moved to March 30th. That's all the info he provided at that time. Hope that helps.

sd16g

I just checked my email at work and I received one from Mr. Celestine at NRC on the 18th confirming the board was moved to March 30th. That's all the info he provided at that time. Hope that helps.
Thank you for the info!!

LT Rich Santos

Officer in Charge, TAOC Orlando, NTAG Jacksonville
I keep hearing to go through your recruiter, but for this reason I feel like it's appropriate for applicants to call themselves to confirm their package was submitted. Recruiters are just human after all, as are the processors receiving the package. Either one could make a mistake that could cause you to miss the board, so giving Mr. Celestin a friendly call after your OR says it's submitted seems like a wise move.
Shouldn't succumb to the vagaries of how you "feel." Going around your recruiter is a clear indication there is a lack of trust. There are processes in place for a reason.

A-Aron

Just my 2¢...

Application deadline: Jan 31, 2020
Current IWC Board: Mar 30, 2020

Application deadline: May 22, 2020
Upcoming IWC Board: Jun 29, 2020

I'm thinking that big Navy is expecting not to get many applications for the next board due to COVID-19. They may either extend the May 22 deadline or just nix that board altogether. Either way, I believe that this could work out in our favor. To compensate for the low numbers of the next board, perhaps the board members will select more applicants from this board... more than usual I mean.

Apparently, Ancalagon stays positive through humor,
and apparently I stay positive through wishful thinking.

Stay positive everyone!

GodisGoodAlways

Trust the Process!
Fine Navy day, everyone!

I know I will be getting flak for asking, but here it goes. Does anyone have access to the official list of applicants for this board?

I already contacted (in many occassions) my CCC, regional officer recruiter (Japan), and fleet processors (including the officer_apps and CNRC email, etc.) but I always get the following results: don't have access, don't know, or no response at all. This forum has been really helpful especially if your command do not have an official go-to POC to help with your commissioning applications.

With an impromptu officer, that was willing, and helped me for two months (the only best resource and help that I got), I successfully completed my package last year, and it has been a waiting game ever since. Last word I got from Mr. Celestin (last three months ago) was that my OAR score waiver has been approved by NRC Commander. No word after that.

I already know that getting selected on my first try is highly unlikely, but just wanted to have that "history" at least before I separate this year.

McHale's Navy

sighted nothing..sank same.
Fine Navy day, everyone!

I know I will be getting flak for asking, but here it goes. Does anyone have access to the official list of applicants for this board?

I already contacted (in many occassions) my CCC, regional officer recruiter (Japan), and fleet processors (including the officer_apps and CNRC email, etc.) but I always get the following results: don't have access, don't know, or no response at all. This forum has been really helpful especially if your command do not have an official go-to POC to help with your commissioning applications.

With an impromptu officer, that was willing, and helped me for two months (the only best resource and help that I got), I successfully completed my package last year, and it has been a waiting game ever since. Last word I got from Mr. Celestin (last three months ago) was that my OAR score waiver has been approved by NRC Commander. No word after that.

I already know that getting selected on my first try is highly unlikely, but just wanted to have that "history" at least before I separate this year.

No flak.

I haven't seen an at board list for 30March. The individual or team that processes the list may be limiting their exposure and not in work, or the board may not have happened.

I'm not sure if the board can see that it's your first try or multiple tries unless you put it on your application.