• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy Dedicated SAR Squadrons

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Other than being on the same coast, but really not at all related, but here is some USCG SAR news for your consumption....

Sam I am

Average looking, not a farmer.
pilot
Contributor
Taxied past the SAR help yesterday after my flight; it's definitely Whidbey SAR. Tail code FW which stands for "Firewood", which is their callsign.

Taxied past the SAR help...lol...You mean you were riding in the back and waving to Helo Pilots & SAR AW's while another Pilot taxied the Aircraft you happened to have loaded yourself onto? I'm mean if we're joking we might as well tell good jokes. ?

Gonzo08

*1. Gangbar Off
None
Taxied past the SAR help...lol...You mean you were riding in the back and waving to Helo Pilots & SAR AW's while another Pilot taxied the Aircraft you happened to have loaded yourself onto? I'm mean if we're joking we might as well tell good jokes. ?
I very clearly admitted it's a typo.

Lighten up Francis....

sickboy

pilot
Other than being on the same coast, but really not at all related, but here is some USCG SAR news for your consumption....

Oh hey, one of my old students

Ventus

Weather Guesser
pilot

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Looks like those guys had a little mishap and turned it into a Pacific Northwest camping trip

"Today we had to rescue a few of our own. Late last night our SAR duty crew was out training in the Olympics when they experienced a tail rotor emergency. They landed in an open field about 12 miles to the west of…"
Not a bad spot for an emergency landing. Absolutely fantastic spot for a camping trip!