• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY20 Oct. 28, 2019 SNA/NFO Board

KristenQT

There was some conversation about it on the August SWO board. Active duty can see the classes and lists of people in the system who are scheduled for each class just like they can see the at board list.

KristenQT

Realistically, even if you put your ship out date as ASAP, it looking more like a January, Feb, March OCS date. Again anything could happen. FYI from my friends up in RI. It doesn't start to warm up up there until mid/late April.... by warm up they mean above freezing and 50 degrees in short sleeve weather.

Swimmer91

There is no shortage, that is a rumor that has been going on for at least 13? years now
Well it’s been in multiple news articles including military times, army times, and us naval institute. It may be a rumor but it’s confusing why so many institutions and people (some of whom in military aviation) are talking about it. Just a ploy to get better applicant pools?

swmonroe88

pilot
Well it’s been in multiple news articles including military times, army times, and us naval institute. It may be a rumor but it’s confusing why so many institutions and people (some of whom in military aviation) are talking about it. Just a ploy to get better applicant pools?

Realistically the shortage is not a lack of NUGs, but a retention problem when looking at qualified senior O-3s and O-4s.

Swimmer91

Realistically the shortage is not a lack of NUGs, but a retention problem when looking at qualified senior O-3s and O-4s.
Yeah that’s why they have those semi new retention bonuses right? Because they are losing a lot of aviators to private airlines (like some of my old pilots). That’s probably why they have been talking about it so long because it’s farther down the career where there’s not enough filled billets?

Thanos

I wish my school had today off. Got to spend my Columbus Day in Mechanics of Materials and Computational Fluid Dynamics lol

Bro STEM curriculums don’t give a damn about stuff like that haha, I had assignments up until I graduated last year. Shucks I remember junior year in Diff Eq, I had a take-home exam that was due the hour before I left for Thanksgiving ?

Me! but I heard that classes are already booked up through December and most of the January class is already filled

Honestly I wouldn’t mind waiting until January/February. The plank will hopefully have replaced the curl up by then, and it’d allow the holidays to rejuvenate my energy.

exNavyOffRec

Like was mentioned it is a retention issue not a new accession issue, if it was really a new accession issue they wouldn't have raised the scores to apply.

If was also a new accession issue they would be granting more waivers, acceptance rate would be 100% or close to it, people with legal issues would be getting waived and accepted, instead they are not waiving those issues.

The whole tactic is often used by recruiters to try and get the person to apply faster, most recruiters just don't get the fact that if you are honest with people they will often still apply.

swmonroe88

pilot
Like was mentioned it is a retention issue not a new accession issue, if it was really a new accession issue they wouldn't have raised the scores to apply.

If was also a new accession issue they would be granting more waivers, acceptance rate would be 100% or close to it, people with legal issues would be getting waived and accepted, instead they are not waiving those issues.

The whole tactic is often used by recruiters to try and get the person to apply faster, most recruiters just don't get the fact that if you are honest with people they will often still apply.

They did raise the age substantially, though... would this indicate to you that they were looking to increase the eligible applicant pool and as such suggest a need for more new joins?

exNavyOffRec

They did raise the age substantially, though... would this indicate to you that they were looking to increase the eligible applicant pool and as such suggest a need for more new joins?

Nope, because over the past 8 years to present they have continually done things to reduce the applicant pool (test requirements/medical) to the point where the numbers of people have dropped and the consequently the selection rate has increased, raising the age will increase the applicant pool to give the board more to review for "best qualified", now we know that the longer a person is on this earth the better chance of going to the doctor or finding issues with them, so the increased age will add people to the pool but not a huge amount.

1812TC

Can neither confirm, nor deny the At board list. The website is down for maintenance. I will check again COB EST. I will be TAD on inspection the remainder of the week and will not be able to check again until Friday.

Here I was hoping I could ship out for the 24 NOV class if selected ?
I can't lie, I too was hoping for an immediate ship in late Nov. And definitely by end of the year. looks like that may not be the case, but at this point I'm just hoping my service out weighs my 6-7 year old DUI waiver, because all the talk of legal waivers being denied is scaring me more and more.