• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Questions about Navy OCS from a college student.

Meyerkord

pilot
Hey just wondering will we have to sing the marine hymn at OCS it’s in the Knowledgeable items section of the study guide the Navy provides but I’m just wondering if this is true, haven’t seen anyone talking about it and I don’t wanna waist my time.
Yes! Especially for RLP, some RDCs or DIs will ask for Anchors Away or the Marines’ Hymn. Also, you’ll need it in general for singing in the chow line and etc.
Chow line? RLP? Did things really change that much in 5 short classes? I was 12-18 and the only time we sang the hymns was during 8th week inspection.

LET73

We had group showers when I went through (2007; not sure if that's still a thing), and the candi-os used to stand outside the door and make us sing in the shower - usually the Marine hymn.

Meyerkord

pilot
We had group showers when I went through (2007; not sure if that's still a thing), and the candi-os used to stand outside the door and make us sing in the shower - usually the Marine hymn.
Nice lol. Group showers are no longer a thing. The rooms are set up suite style. 2 people to a room with your own bathroom, and a shared shower area with 2 showers that connects to another room.