• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

How the War Loot is Split Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 67144 scul

All good Pags.........but it still doesn't answer who gets the big fake tiity chick from Dearborn.

I have lots of experience with those kinds of folks. I'll take one for the team, sir.

184008-13-20160116175153.jpeg

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
This thread is getting increasingly creepy. I will not be surprised when it is revealed that MD's basement contains the mummified corpses of no fewer than 15 Ohioan co-eds, each ensconced in a sarcophagus packed with Dunkin Doughnuts coffee beans.

Renegade One

None
For any history buff who gives a shit how the Royal Navy actually divided prize money in the age of sail:

Prize Money
Before 1808:

1/8th for the Flag Officer (or Captain if sailing under Admiralty orders)
1/4th for the Captain(s)
1/8th for the Lieutenants, Surgeon(s), Master(s) and RM Captains
1/8th for the Wardroom ranked Warrant Officers, RM Lieutenants, Chaplains, Secretary to the Flag Officer
1/8th to the Midshipmen, junior WOs, senior mates and RM Sergeants
1/4th for the remainder

After 1808:

1/4th for the Captains and Flag Officers
1/8th for Lts, Surgeons, Masters and RM Capts
1/8th for the Snr WOs etc.
1/2 for the rest

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Why the change after 1808? And where's my share of all the C4F contraband I captured???????

As @webmaster knows, I actually was actively trying to score a 200 HP Yamaha prize engine. On my first deployment, I knew exactly where a vessel ended up (Rodman) that we interdicted, but it took us too long (like several weeks) before we pulled back in there to even see the motors. The vessel was completely stripped and moored at one of the piers waiting to be repurposed.

On my second deployment, for some reason, JIATF wanted one of the engines on an interdicted vessel. But in standard Shoe fashion, they couldn't figure out how to a) get the motor off the transom and b) get it up on to the weather deck. Because the ship never hauls anything from one of their many davits, apparently. The Shoe's solution was to disconnect the motor head from the drive and then just bring that up (collective forehead slap). I was flying at the time, orbiting and watching our fuel tapes get lower and lower. I think that might have been the longest single flight I've ever done in a -60B (and only one of two times I ever peed in a -60).

Even if I had been aboard, given the complete goat rope the operation was, getting a second motor up would have been impossible. Naturally, the motor head they did bring up sat in the salt air for another 1-2 months, completely corroding away and going to waste. No one from JIATF ever did come and collect it.

Status
Not open for further replies.