• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

COVID-19

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
So who? Give some names. Doesn't even have to be in the current government.
Since overwhelming numbers are minorities, maybe start with Obama and his best friends Jay Z and Beyoncé…

And since the next biggest group are PHDs, I got nothing and not sure they would listen. I’m fairly sure they know it all ???

jackjack

@SlickAg This is your assertion. Do you wish to expand on your first claim? Which you also supplied a link refuting it. I posted a global outage, but it wasn't to your liking. You are making a serious allegation. That Australia ciber attacked, at least one American company

You really need to be specific and with credible links. I will then google it to see if there is any validity. My impression so far, is that it's an unrelated conspiracy.

My google search brought up nothing : 20-26 "September 2021" protests Facebook offline Melbourne

Last edited:

SlickAg

pilot
@SlickAg This is your assertion. Do you wish to expand on your first claim? Which you also supplied a link refuting it. I posted a global outage, but it wasn't to your liking. You are making a serious allegation. That Australia ciber attacked, at least one American company

You really need to be specific and with credible links. I will then google it to see if there is any validity. My impression so far, is that it's an unrelated conspiracy.

My google search brought up nothing : 20-26 "September 2021" protests Facebook offline Melbourne
“Between Sept. 20, when the protests began, and Sept. 26, a number of social media websites experienced disruptions in Australia, including Twitter, Reddit and Instagram, according to Downdetector, a website that monitors outages and service disruptions.”

Do you think it's some amazing coincidence that Twitter, Reddit, and Instagram experienced disruptions during that week of September 20-26th? You said yourself that that internet was never turned off during that time. So explain to me why those social media platforms all magically suffered disruptions during that week of protests.

This is in no way, shape, or form, related to the worldwide outage Facebook and its affiliated social media platforms like Instagram suffered on October 4th, nor did I ever say that. YOU tried to make that erroneous connection.

And you may believe me or not; I could not care less about your opinion.

P.S. if you want to sound credible about these matters, try not to spell the word cyber with a "i" instead of a "y".

jackjack

Do you think it's some amazing coincidence that Twitter, Reddit, and Instagram experienced disruptions during that week of September 20-26th? You said yourself that that internet was never turned off during that time. So explain to me why those social media platforms all magically suffered disruptions during that week of protests.

P.S. if you want to sound credible about these matters, try not to spell the word cyber with a "i" instead of a "y".
Yes I saw that link before. It's a conspiracy. It said "Cameron Njaa, a spokesperson for Reddit, said their site's disruption and the protests were "unrelated." A spokesperson for Instagram said there's "no evidence of any widespread content distribution issues on Instagram during the week of September 20, in Australia or elsewhere." Twitter declined to comment. "

I find it funny that an American is correcting spelling. You do know of the errors of English spelling that has permeated America's everyday use.

taxi1

pilot
I'm still trying to figure out who gives a shit what a non-winged foreign rando on a naval aviation forum thinks.
There seems to be a lot of sudden interest in Australia here by a few, he's our man on the street.
...to justify turning the world upside down...
With roughly 50% of americans vaxxed, but with the majority of the vaxxed being from the much higher risk population (old, fat(ter), compromised immunity, etc.) it's amazing that the ratio of vaxxed to unvaxxed with severe Covid is what it is.

It's also sobering to think of if we didn't have the vaccine as the Delta variant hit. For every person from the unvaxxed population, we'd have probably 3-4 from the currently vaxxed that would be in the hospital, the ICU, on vents. The hospitals, already at their limit, would have been crushed.

We dodged a bullet.

Python

pilot
Contributor
There seems to be a lot of sudden interest in Australia here by a few, he's our man on the street.

With roughly 50% of americans vaxxed, but with the majority of the vaxxed being from the much higher risk population (old, fat(ter), compromised immunity, etc.) it's amazing that the ratio of vaxxed to unvaxxed with severe Covid is what it is.

It's also sobering to think of if we didn't have the vaccine as the Delta variant hit. For every person from the unvaxxed population, we'd have probably 3-4 from the currently vaxxed that would be in the hospital, the ICU, on vents. The hospitals, already at their limit, would have been crushed.

We dodged a bullet.

View attachment 33052

You completely dodged and ignored what I wrote. I’ll try it again:

Even before vaccines the virus is not deadly or scary enough to justify turning the world upside down. I say again, the virus that’s a nothingburger to almost everyone is not worth nuking our economy, mental health, and children’s schooling. Show me all your graphs about us vs New Zealand. Show me all your posts showing 600,000 dead. Neither will change the fact that this virus isn’t that scary.

Yes vaccines work. Yes the majority of people who are very sick are unvaccinated. Yes I believe in vaccines. But that has NOTHING to do with my points above, so don’t bring up vaccines in your reply.

taxi1

pilot
You completely dodged and ignored what I wrote. I’ll try it again:

Even before vaccines the virus is not deadly or scary enough to justify turning the world upside down.
What I am extrapolating from the ongoing data is that without vaccines and with Delta variant we'd probably have lost well over a million dead Americans by now, either directly through Covid or through the fact that the hospitals were crushed and unable to serve others. This summer's surge would have been insane.
...so don’t bring up vaccines in your reply.
The vaccine is allowing you to pretend it'd have all been OK even if we pretended Covid wasn't that of a big deal.

How many dead would it take for it to be a big deal for you?

Treetop Flyer

pilot
What I am extrapolating from the ongoing data is that without vaccines and with Delta variant we'd probably have lost well over a million dead Americans by now, either directly through Covid or through the fact that the hospitals were crushed and unable to serve others. This summer's surge would have been insane.

The vaccine is allowing you to pretend it'd have all been OK even if we pretended Covid wasn't that of a big deal.

Thanks for the wild ass guess, professor. Pretty much the same shit we’ve been operating under since spring 2020

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
We are a very large country. From a policy perspective, there are better ways to measure the impact of the virus than a raw count. My position is, no matter the number dead, the impact of losing that many people was not worth a shut down or some of the more draconian restrictions. And even now as the numbers are similar to the opening stages of the pandemic, in the USA there is no talk of shut downs. They won't admit it, but even the government has learned that lesson.