• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Would you retake the exam

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhollin1

I am thinking of retaking the exam. I know that if you cut a lower score they take that one. My OAR is a 48. The specifics do not matter seeing that I am going for Supply. Maybe take a look at my stats http://209.151.65.37/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1814&whichpage=3 That might help. I just want to be as competitive as i can. So, if YOU had my stats, would you resit the exam????

ghost_ttu

rhollin, I think you are competitive as is, but as you know OCS slots are pretty hard to come by, so everything helps. Did you have the marine study guide the first time you took the test? If you didn't I would get it and study it and retake. I thought the 2nd one was a little easier than the 1st one. Especially having studied the marine study guide.

"praying to the SNA board gods couldn't hurt...."

rhollin1

No, I didn't have the Marine Study Guide, however I did have the Arco Military Flight Aptitude test and studied that pretty well. So you think studying the Marine study guide would get me a better score?

Pain...is weakness leaving the body

Tessone

Everyone I've talked to has said the Marine Study Guide is the best available study aid.

--
Chris Tessone
http://www.polyglut.net/

ghost_ttu

You will see night and day difference with the marine study guide. If you haven't looked at it, atleast get it and look it over and you will know what I'm talking about. A lot of the stuff will look VERY familiar.

"praying to the SNA board gods couldn't hurt...."

The Bob

Familiar as in the Marine test looks like that actual ASTB, or because it has some of the exact questions?

rhollin1

After looking through the Marine test book I can honestly say that some of the questions are the exact same. From what I can remember from the test that is.

NuSnake

The Marine study guide is just a photo copy out of the ACRO book i believe. I had the Marine one at it was awesome but I was at barnes and Noble and looked at the ACRO book and it was the exact same

cman

I don't know if I'd agree with BDCPUAH about the Marine guide being a photo copy of the Arco book. I had both to study for the ASTB with, and they were as different as could be. I only missed two on the Mech. section and I know it was the Marine guide and not the Arco book that made the difference. Basically the the only thing the Arco book is good for is the spatial section of the test.

Rhollin1, I know where you're comming from about retaking the test. I have pretty ok scores, but like ghost said, slots are hard to come by these days. I have a 6 AQR, 7, PFAR, 5 FOFAR, and a 53 OAR. I've been told by more than a few people that a year ago I'd have been accepted ASAP with those scores. If you're going for supply, do they only look at your OAR? If so, I can tell you that the math and mech. sections are the ones that count for that score. Bust ass reviewing for those sections if you decide to retest and you'll see your OAR shoot up.

C

rhollin1

You know I think I might stay with the score that I have and if I am not accepted then I will retest and get a higher score and improve my PRT numbers. I have heard that you need to show the board that you have done something to improve yourself.

cman

Rhollin1, sounds like a good plan. That's pretty much what I'd decided for my self as well.

C

Status
Not open for further replies.