• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Winter OCS reporting dates (2005 to present)

E6286

OCC 191 Select
I will be there also. Spec05V, make sure you take a military leave instead of quitting in case something happens. USERRA protects your job. I officially go on a military leave of absence as of Jan. 20, 2006.

stevo01

E6286 said:
I will be there also. Spec05V, make sure you take a military leave instead of quitting in case something happens. USERRA protects your job. I officially go on a military leave of absence as of Jan. 20, 2006.

this is a great idea that I over looked last january...needless to say, that is why I am still searching for a meaninful job.

spec05v

Waiting...
No thanks, I actually called and spoke to someone a few days ago. It was explained to me that our jobs are protected for our entire obligation. It would be interesting to come back to the bank after 10 yrs and ask for my job back.

stevo01

spec05v said:
No thanks, I actually called and spoke to someone a few days ago. It was explained to me that our jobs are protected for our entire obligation. It would be interesting to come back to the bank after 10 yrs and ask for my job back.

well, im not 100% that this is true. I mean, this is voluntary commitment after the fact of being hired. Sounds kinda odd if this is so.

E6286

OCC 191 Select
Not entire time. Up to 5 years. Mods, someone might want to make this a sticky:

http://www.dol.gov/elaws/userra.htm

Voluntary and involuntary service are both covered. Not only is your job protected, but you get any promotion that you could have expected had you never left. Also, at my job, I accumulate leave while I am gone.

bcatcher5

Selected OCC 190
E6286 said:

Is going to OCS considered reservist status? I am curious because my employer only protects military leave for national guard and reservists on call-up. Is there a loop hole in this?

E6286

OCC 191 Select
Actually, if you check USERRA (I posted it somewhere just do a search) then your employer has to protect your job regardless of reserves or active duty. The Act protects both voluntary and involuntary service in active or reserves for a period of up to 5 years.

Carno

Insane
Yeah, the SSCRA is meant to protect active duty military personnel, as well as reservists.

E6286 - where did you read it was only for 5 years? I have some paperwork that I got for OCS that says this: "The period of protection given to servicemembers by the SSCRA runs from the date that an individual entered the service to the date of discharge."

For reservists it says that they are protected from the day that they recieve their orders calling them to active duty to the day they are released from active duty.