• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Where are the T-34Cs going?

Jublov

Play Top Gun Til' the VHS breaks
image.jpg Are they going to boneyards, civilian flying, aerobatic teams or more naval academy flights? :)

JollyGood

Flashing Dome
pilot
At Corpus, it was always a sad moment when you would see a T34 being towed across the road towards the seawall as that meant that thing was done flying and going to the scrap heap.

I know there are many flight students who would love to purchase a Turbomentor, but alas it is not meant to be. I have heard various reasons, anyone got the inside scoop?

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
Liability when the wings fall off an Aero Club one in a loop.

Those things have been abused by studs for a long time in a harsh climate (Corpus/Pensacola).

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
Experience with the T-34B wing spar issue, along with the utter beating that these aircraft take, means they're going to be scrapped for the most part

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
In Primary, my owning told me that part of the T-6 deal with Beechcraft included language that restricted the Navy from ever selling any of the T-34s to anyone.

I've heard that the FRS here is trying to steal a couple to beef up their fleet, but nothing official.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Large portion are being made available to FMS customers.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Someone a while ago posted pictures of some T-34Cs getting chopped up....

This Post from 2012 shows a bunch of T-34's lined up for the shredder:
T34 Scrap2.jpg T-34C Scrap.jpg

Last edited:

Jublov

Play Top Gun Til' the VHS breaks
Someone a while ago posted pictures of some T-34Cs getting chopped up....

This Post from 2012 shows a bunch of T-34's lined up for the shredder:
View attachment 14858 View attachment 14859

141c1bd70022345829167b7370e05450.gif

darth-vader-no.jpg

NO IT CANT BE TRUE

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I think if they were to order more, that would be an End Use violation...last I saw they were leaning towards Kfirs

Sigh, here I was trying to make a joke and you have to go and be all serious!

I don't know how many times in flight school and a few times after I heard the legend of the T-34 that shot down the Brit Harrier in the Falklands, I looked it up and....not so much. They did a single combat mission where they never even found their target, but they at least flew a combat mission!

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Wait the T-34 had weapons? :eek:

The T-34C-1 export version had 4 hardpoints for light weapons and the Argentines deployed a few of them to the Falklands. On their combat mission they had at least some 'light' machine gun pods attached, they RTB'd after getting jumped by a pair of Sea Harriers who put a cannon shell in the back seat of one (didn't explode). They were later destroyed by an SAS raid.

0449774.jpg