• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

When is the first class in RI? anyone...

nukumall

Just wondering when the first class starts in RI. I may be in it, recuiter said September(ish). I am still waiting for a class date. Thanks

noahdelaughter

I have been told that the class I'm starting in will be the first class (i don't know if this is true or not) but my class starts 18AUG07

AggieFlyer07

roger that, I heard august as well from the officer recruiter here in college station. I wanna get my paperwork together so hopefully if I get selected, I can ship out and all the training will be bearable before it gets really cold. If it hits 50F here in Texas people get frostbite.

Out of curiosity, there isn't much to do in Newport is there?

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
roger that, I heard august as well from the officer recruiter here in college station. I wanna get my paperwork together so hopefully if I get selected, I can ship out and all the training will be bearable before it gets really cold. If it hits 50F here in Texas people get frostbite.

Out of curiosity, there isn't much to do in Newport is there?
Actually, you probably be sweating your balls off (if you have them before you leave for OCS) in August and September. As for things to do, there is a plethora of bars to consume ice frosty beverages in. Great food all around there as well.

In the winter, things can get pretty slow there in town. But there's always beer somewhere.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Concur w/ Steve...

There's plenty to do in Newport... especially if you like sailing, drinking or both. For those of you with wives/girlfriends, there's a bunch of mansions you can tour.

Also, you MUST eat at Mama Leone's (out the front gate) and the Greek deli up the hill from the post office.

AggieFlyer07

Man thats good gouge, I love good food and I'd much rather be drinking than touring homes. It'd be nice to play some ice hockey with people from up north, I played here in Texas for a while and the styles are very distinct.
Now that I think about it, here in Texas every thing is air-conditioned, I forgot that up north, some homes don't have central air, or any sort of cooling. SO, I'll probably be sweatin balls like Steve-Dub says.

jus2mch

MOTIVATOR
Contributor
Yeah Mamma Leones is the bomb! They have great Calamari. I like the Brick house also. Rhode Island was expensive, but it had some good ass food. Oh and the creamery was god stuff too.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
The creamery was good... loved it. The Red Parrot (across from Ben & Jerry's) is a must visit as well.

There's also a bunch of good places in Providence as well... a bit of a hike (1 hr + on the bus), but worth the trip. Boston's close too.

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
My wife went to highschool there while her dad was teaching at the war college. She is ever so excited that I (if selected) will be going to OCS there, so that she can have the excuse to hang out with all her old classmates.