• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What is CECOS like?

skittle986

Ensign, Civil engineer corps, U.S Navy.
I have not been able to find any articles on this forum about what CECOS is like, and what to expect. Can anyone share. What is the environment like, how are the classes, drills, etc. All I have heard the far is that it is fun and the best kept secret, that pretty much sums it up.

Dmitriy

I have not been able to find any articles on this forum about what CECOS is like, and what to expect. Can anyone share. What is the environment like, how are the classes, drills, etc. All I have heard the far is that it is fun and the best kept secret, that pretty much sums it up.
What research I've done yielded little concrete results. What I gleamed from it is that it involves a lot of classroom time and a week-long FTX which I imagine has to be preceded by drills and shorter exercises. General consensus seems to be that after OCS it feels like a vacation. In my personal opinion, SoCal is in fact preferable to RI.

gvillaneng

Pro-Rec CEC
Not sure if you have seen this video, just a small part of CECOS:
vimeo.com and find video : 12975968

Last edited:

skittle986

Ensign, Civil engineer corps, U.S Navy.
Not sure if you have seen this video, just a small part of CECOS:
vimeo.com and find video : 12975968
Thank you! Yes I have seen that video and the field still looks exciting. I wish they would show how the day to day life is and what the classes are about like they do in the OCS video

gvillaneng

Pro-Rec CEC
If it's like most Navy schools, they show you what OCS is like because for most people, it can be a shock as a change of lifestyle. Most schools after are pretty much the same. Classes most of the day, some physical fitness, probably at least 3 days a week. You'll have the nights and everything off. Probably on some kind of Duty schedule

Renegade One

None
"We're the Seabees of the Navy
We can build and we can fight
We'll pave the way to victory
And guard it day and night
And we promise that we remember
The "Seventh of December"
We're the Seabees of the Navy
Bees of the Seven Seas!"

Words by Sam M. Lewis
Music by Peter de Rose