• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Waiver News

Status
Not open for further replies.

reapergm

Anyone have any updated news on whether or not NAMI/BUMED are still waivering the PRK? They seemed pretty confident at the flight physical (Navy Flight Doc), but the Manhattan OSO for the Marines said he didnt think I had a shot at getting the waiver. Anyone know anything? Or atleast some heresay?

Jolly Roger

Yes. I am a Pirate.
NAMI's website say they still are. That is what I am going by. The Chief at my recruiting station is having it done this fall.

Mark_Miller

Hopefully Future SNA
I'm fairly new here so maybe I missed something, but why would the navy stop giving out waviers? Is there something wrong with the PRK? or what?

Jolly Roger

Yes. I am a Pirate.
Currently the waivers for applicants are issued under the ascention study, depending on the outcome of the study decides whether or not the Navy will keep issuing waivers.

From what I have heard around here it looks like the study will give way to normal waivering. But right now it is up in the air until the study is complete, which is when they get let about 200 more candidates into the study.

Best Regards

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
Michael W said:
I was told that the "accession" study was full, and anyone getting a PRK waiver now doesn't have to enroll in the study, that essentially it's just like getting "waivered" for anything else, even though the accession study is still being undergone.

Thats pretty much what I was led to believe.

Jeff29

Science Project
The reason for my suggestion is that the Navy and Marine Corps may currently have different policies. Just because there is a program and a waiver policy does not mean that the Marines are accepting waviers today.

Status
Not open for further replies.