• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Waiting weeks for MEPS

Hoytshooter724

Hey guys,

I am a long time lurker, this is my first post. I am currently waiting for a physical with MEPS Atlanta and it is taking an extremely long time to hear back from them. It has been 9 weeks since I gave my recruiter the last of my paperwork. I am prior enlisted for 8 years as an AD, and had PRK surgery while on Active Duty. I made copies of all of my medical paperwork from my eye surgery and had a check up the week before I submitted my paper work to confirm my vision had not changed, copies provided. I have called my recruiter 3 times, about every two weeks to check in, and he seems to be getting frustrated that I keep asking. MEPS took 4 days when I enlisted. Is this normal? I am getting antsy as I am trying to make the 1JAN deadline. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Matty Morocco

Just anecdotally, my recruiter said that MEPS was backed up recently and it took them 3-4 weeks to get my paperwork back. Try not to project your anxiousness onto your recruiter. Checking in every week or every other week is totally normal (based on my cruising of these forums). As far as I remember, my little brother didn't even have a wait time for MEPS when he enlisted. The recruiter just told him a time and date a few days before and they bused him up there. In the meantime, is every other box checked off? If they are, take a trip to Savannah and have a beer.

marissa_ann1

Hey guys,

I am a long time lurker, this is my first post. I am currently waiting for a physical with MEPS Atlanta and it is taking an extremely long time to hear back from them. It has been 9 weeks since I gave my recruiter the last of my paperwork. I am prior enlisted for 8 years as an AD, and had PRK surgery while on Active Duty. I made copies of all of my medical paperwork from my eye surgery and had a check up the week before I submitted my paper work to confirm my vision had not changed, copies provided. I have called my recruiter 3 times, about every two weeks to check in, and he seems to be getting frustrated that I keep asking. MEPS took 4 days when I enlisted. Is this normal? I am getting antsy as I am trying to make the 1JAN deadline. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

I am not sure if this is an option for you. But I was given the choice of going to navy base and having my physical completed at a medical facility there. I gave them a weeks notice before showing up and will have to go back the following week to have my TB test read. My recruiter pushed me to do this over MEPS.

I am located in the Washington d.c area.