• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Waiting Lists and Such

Abraham Christian

I was just speaking to a friend that graduated USNA last year, apparently there are all kinds of waiting lists for flight school going into FY13/14. Is this true? Would that affect OCS selection and start dates if that were the case?

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
I was just speaking to a friend that graduated USNA last year, apparently there are all kinds of waiting lists for flight school going into FY13/14. Is this true? Would that affect OCS selection and start dates if that were the case?

I think wait list is the wrong way to put it (makes it sound too much like they aren't accepting people and you have to wait to hear) - it's more like a clogged pipeline. You get a start date, which may be sooner rather than later. Basically, Academy and ROTC guys all finish around the same time, and OCS people come through all year. So the system gets a bit jammed up at times.

From what I've been able to gather, they took more people than normal for pilots from OCS on the last board, and the last two boards both complained that they had to take applicants of a lower quality than they would like. Also, they are pushing out some of us who went to the December board to OCS in Jan and Feb, which is really really really fast.

Reactions: AJD

AllYourBass

I'm okay with the events unfolding currently
pilot
I think wait list is the wrong way to put it (makes it sound too much like they aren't accepting people and you have to wait to hear) - it's more like a clogged pipeline. You get a start date, which may be sooner rather than later. Basically, Academy and ROTC guys all finish around the same time, and OCS people come through all year. So the system gets a bit jammed up at times.

From what I've been able to gather, they took more people than normal for pilots from OCS on the last board, and the last two boards both complained that they had to take applicants of a lower quality than they would like. Also, they are pushing out some of us who went to the December board to OCS in Jan and Feb, which is really really really fast.

I listed my earliest availability in March. My recruiter says I get my FS in the first couple weeks of January. Since I missed the Jan./Feb. rush, I wonder if I'll make March or end up somewhere further down the 2013 line with the rest of my fellow drain cloggers :)

Abraham Christian

Gotcha.

By the way, your spreadsheet of what SNAs got picked up with what scores was pretty impressive!
I am hoping to get everything together and submitted no later than April and hit that July board. I will miss the supposed March board I think.