• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Vision good in one eye, subpar in other

Austin-Powers

Powers By Name, Powers By Reputation
Hello guys, my vision is 20/20 in my left eye and I don't know about my other eye (last time I checked was 20/30 last year). Also it feels like I'm not 20/30 anymore. Am I done for Pilot or would I need to get some Eye Laser Surgery, also if that's the case, do you guys recommend LASIK or PRK? Thanks!

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hello guys, my vision is 20/20 in my left eye and I don't know about my other eye (last time I checked was 20/30 last year). Also it feels like I'm not 20/30 anymore. Am I done for Pilot or would I need to get some Eye Laser Surgery, also if that's the case, do you guys recommend LASIK or PRK? Thanks!

Have you asked your recruiter about this? What did they say? If you're not working with a recruiter, have you conducted a search to see what vision requirements are for pilot? This question has been asked and answered time and time again.

Austin-Powers

Have you asked your recruiter about this? What did they say? If you're not working with a recruiter, have you conducted a search to see what vision requirements are for pilot? This question has been asked and answered time and time again.
I have done the research on multiple threads, and the vision requirements, such as pre and post op limits I'm currently a freshman in college and considering OCS

TimeBomb

Noise, vibration and harshness
AP,
Get a legit eye exam before going any further. Find out what your true visual acuity is, and what your refractive error is. Until that information is obtained, you have no idea where you stand WRT standards and options.
R/

Austin-Powers

AP,
Get a legit eye exam before going any further. Find out what your true visual acuity is, and what your refractive error is. Until that information is obtained, you have no idea where you stand WRT standards and options.
R/
Thank you!

cofranc736

AP,

I am almost in the exact same boat as you. My right eye is 20/15, but my left eye is around 20/30-20/40. I read for SNA requirements that one needs at least 20/40 (correctable to 20/20) to pass. I also spoke with the Capt in charge of my OSO and she said the exact same thing that I read about for the requirements.

Austin-Powers

AP,

I am almost in the exact same boat as you. My right eye is 20/15, but my left eye is around 20/30-20/40. I read for SNA requirements that one needs at least 20/40 (correctable to 20/20) to pass. I also spoke with the Capt in charge of my OSO and she said the exact same thing that I read about for the requirements.

Only one eye? Okay we good, so far, thanks!

cofranc736

My apologies. I guess I should clarify. When I said one, I meant the pronoun of "you." Both eyes can be 20/40, correctable to 20/20.
*at least that is what I read in the NAMI guideline docs and what the Capt told me

Austin-Powers

My apologies. I guess I should clarify. When I said one, I meant the pronoun of "you." Both eyes can be 20/40, correctable to 20/20.
*at least that is what I read in the NAMI guideline docs and what the Capt told me

That is my fault, I read it wrong, I'll take a real vision test and if needs be i'll get the PRK or LASIK. Still, thanks for your input.

cofranc736

You're welcome. Note, I think PRK is the only acceptable form of laser corrective surgery if I'm not mistaken. I want to say LASIK could be disqualifying, but do not quote me on that. Definitely do your research on that one.

I go to NAMI next month and am really worried. I hope I pass that eye exam. If not, I was told I have to get PRK before I go to OCC and then I have to wait at least 3 months after PRK surgery before my eyes can be tested again.

Good luck to you.

Austin-Powers

You're welcome. Note, I think PRK is the only acceptable form of laser corrective surgery if I'm not mistaken. I want to say LASIK could be disqualifying, but do not quote me on that. Definitely do your research on that one.

I go to NAMI next month and am really worried. I hope I pass that eye exam. If not, I was told I have to get PRK before I go to OCC and then I have to wait at least 3 months after PRK surgery before my eyes can be tested again.

Good luck to you.

I'll check on those details soon, still focusing on school, if so, I hope the best to you as well cofranc!