• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USMC Flight Jackets

Evan Dockery

An Uncle of mine was in the USMC from 1980 to 1987 as a crew member on a c-130. He mentioned having lost his flight jacket from said period of service, I would like to know what the issue jacket was at the time. The only other details that I have are that it was nylon and winter issue. Any information is greatly appreciated.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The winter nomex (not nylon) flight jacket is the CWU-45P. Can't say for sure that's what your uncle was issued, but it's been the standard for a while.

hlg6016

A/C Wings Here
Winter and summer nomex (1 each) jackets where the standard issue. Aircrew Candidate School also issued us the G1 leather jacket.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
An Uncle of mine was in the USMC from 1980 to 1987 as a crew member on a c-130. He mentioned having lost his flight jacket from said period of service, I would like to know what the issue jacket was at the time. The only other details that I have are that it was nylon and winter issue. Any information is greatly appreciated.

Are you looking to buy a replacement? If so I would go to EBay to get a good deal, there are plenty of ones there in varying condition and you can get some decent deals. If you get one from a retailer they are usually way overpriced.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Are you looking to buy a replacement? If so I would go to EBay to get a good deal, there are plenty of ones there in varying condition and you can get some decent deals. If you get one from a retailer they are usually way overpriced.

Alternatively, if you don't need Nomex, there are a few retailers who make them in other materials for much less.