• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USMC Dress Blues

Wickle

Hello ladies and gentlemen,

I have recently graduated Marine OCS. I am set to commission in June, so its about time for me to buy my blues.

I was wondering if anyone had experience with buying blues at the MCX at Camp Pendleton? From what I've read, most people talk about the uniform at TBS shop or the Marine shop. I am from SoCal, so my options are an order from the Marine Shop or Pendleton. I don't mind spending a little more money if the quality is indeed better. Is one better?

Thanks

joe dirt

pilot
My truck got stolen 2 days after the ball and all my Blues uniform items were in it. I bought my initial issue from The Marine Shop and it was great, I replaced my uniform with the stuff from the MCX on Pendleton. If I were you I'd just do whatever is most convenient and makes the most financial sense. If I were to go back in time, I'd save a few bucks and buy the MCX items.

Hotdogs

I don’t care if I hurt your feelings
pilot
Do they all just look the same? Thanks for your time.

Yes. Some offer packages and design options (interior lining, gloves, cover, Sam Browne, sword/ hilt) but they are largely the same piece of kit. I have and still to this day can't tell between various dress blue designers.

Wickle

Thank you gentleman! I have ordered my blues at the PX.

I have one last question. How snug/tight are the blue coats supposed to fit? The tailor had me put it on and cut MUCH of the slack out. When I wear it, it is pretty difficult to simply bend over or reach to pick something up. Also, it is pretty tight when sitting. Is this normal as it is "form fitting?" Or should I let it out some... thanks

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Thank you gentleman! I have ordered my blues at the PX.

I have one last question. How snug/tight are the blue coats supposed to fit? The tailor had me put it on and cut MUCH of the slack out. When I wear it, it is pretty difficult to simply bend over or reach to pick something up. Also, it is pretty tight when sitting. Is this normal as it is "form fitting?" Or should I let it out some... thanks

Its your money - you get to decide how the uniform should fit.

Rugby_Guy

Livin on a Prayer
pilot
If you imagine it will be extremely uncomfortable to wear while drinking st the ball, you are correct. That is why you'll see so many people wearing Evening Dress.

Wickle

Thank you for your responses. This is the first time I've put on blues, and I am guessing it being tight and uncomfortable is a normal thing..