• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

upcoming ocs board

allstar

I have 3.6 gpa in finance from georgia state uni and 52 OAR. 25 years old, so I want to apply soon because I am also looking for enlisted opportunities and working with a enlisted recruiter, i dont want to wait too long so that I am too old to go to enlisted and dont look good with others. Are there any upcoming boards in april may or june for intel supply swo iw or any thing.

where can i get the schedule for the navy ocs board dates. thanks

exNavyOffRec

supply has cancelled all boards until July, Intel is done for a long time, IW you would need a tech degree, SWO is the next one that you would have a shot at and that is July, your GPA and ASTB are good.

allstar

you mean both the supply and swo boards are in july so when is the deadline. What is the maximum no. of time i can apply and the reference letters are good for how long ?

may I get the link for the schedule for the boards in 2012. thank you

exNavyOffRec

deadline is in June, you can apply over and over again if you meet the requirements. The July board isn't on the official schedule yet, it was just added about 10 days ago.

letters are good for about 6 months

allstar

thanks for your reply

could you please tell me what other programs I am eligible to apply and which ones have higher acceptance rate

exNavyOffRec

you could apply for Pilot if you have the eyes for it and get a good score on the ASTB.

non tech = eligible for Pilot/NFO/SWO/Supply

In general (excluding Pilot/NFO) with a non tech degree the designators you could apply for all have low acceptance rates.

allstar

you mean much better score than 52 is required that what I currently have so should I take the test again ?

allstar

just took OAR yesterday so for the rest have to take the whole test allover again ? also any good book or source to cover just avaition section

D

Deleted member 31917

Sir,

deadline is in June, you can apply over and over again if you meet the requirements. The July board isn't on the official schedule yet, it was just added about 10 days ago.

letters are good for about 6 months

When you say it's not official, do you mean the upcoming SWO board is a toss-up, or more than likely it's going to happen? I plan to take the ASTB in May, but I don't think I could have all of the other things done in time in order for me to make that July board. I was hoping it would be a bit later in the year. Anyway, the likelihood of it happening is all I want to know. Thanks.

exNavyOffRec

Sir,

When you say it's not official, do you mean the upcoming SWO board is a toss-up, or more than likely it's going to happen? I plan to take the ASTB in May, but I don't think I could have all of the other things done in time in order for me to make that July board. I was hoping it would be a bit later in the year. Anyway, the likelihood of it happening is all I want to know. Thanks.

It is that it hasn't been put in front of the right person to sign, the July Pilot/NFO/SWO board will happen, what is up in the air is how many SWO spots there will be.

D

Deleted member 31917

It is that it hasn't been put in front of the right person to sign, the July Pilot/NFO/SWO board will happen, what is up in the air is how many SWO spots there will be.

Thank you so much for the info. Actually, I had another question. How soon before I can take the ASTB after initial contact with a recruiter? Not sure if you remember my case, but I am in another country right now and will only be visiting California for 3 weeks, and my MagicJack (for internation calls) has expired, so it seems the earliest I can get into contact with an Officer Recruiter is the day I get there. And given that I'm only going to be there for 3 weeks, I'm a bit concerned that I might not be able to take it. The ASTB is the main thing I want to accomplish that is required for a package, because it seems the ASTB is ONE (of course not all) of the few requirements that absolutely, 100% requires me to be in the US to complete. Am I correct in saying that? Again, thank you again so much for your help.