• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Underwater in Pensacola?

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
20+ inches of water in 24 hours?!? Have you had to put your water survival training to practical use?

Or are you enjoying your day(s) off the flight schedule drinking and playing Titanfall on Xbox?

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
I couldn't get in this morning for a sim, but base was closed anyways. Can't play golf or go to the beach since the weather is shitty and I'm definitely not in the mood to study.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I've seen some flooding pics on FB that friends in Pcola are posting. One showed five houses down the street under water. Luckily my friend's house didn't get flooded.

Hopeful Hoya

pilot
Contributor
I saw the Blue Angels post about this on their Facebook page today, pretty crazy, 20+ inches in the last 24 hours?! Seems like the whole East Coast is getting hammered, we're getting flash flood warnings up here in DC too.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg This is a house a half mile to the east and the road a half mile to the west (we live off 182 by Central School)...Avalon Blvd south of 90 is flooded closed (cars submerged) and the river park behind Taco Bell is up to the bridge...
We are high and dry...
Pickle

djj34

pilot
Gives me another afternoon to study for my checkride, and pushes me into the optional warmup window. I guess that isn't too bad.

Here's Avalon south of 90, by the Tom Thumb and Milton Chevrolet. I can't believe some people decided to go forward as the rest of us pulled off and turned around. I live less than 2 minutes down the street and all is well, thankfully.

10334397_10103607864522508_5943866238382835900_n.jpg

10176232_10202351865771528_378115670392395855_n.jpg

10308089_10103607864302948_8552214106747723423_n.jpg

707guy

"You can't make this shit up..."
Glad all of you are safe and dry! Saw some other pics of roads washed out and such. That is an insane amount of rain...

WEGL12

VT-28
Pretty bad outside the back gate. My wife and I lost most everything we own. We live in the neighborhood off of Blue Angel near Dogtrack road. Wife got home last night around 2200 and we had a little water in the garage. By 0200 we had 23" of water inside the house. All our furniture is trash and my wife's car is totaled. Worst part is renters insurance doesn't cover storm damage. Guess I get to go look for a new place to rent this weekend. Biggest thing is we were safe, so that's a plus. Probably will have to ask tomorrow to roll back a week in API because no way I can do class, study, and move/get new stuff all at the same time. Hope everyone else in the area wasn't effected like we were.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Pretty bad outside the back gate. My wife and I lost most everything we own. We live in the neighborhood off of Blue Angel near Dogtrack road. Wife got home last night around 2200 and we had a little water in the garage. By 0200 we had 23" of water inside the house. All our furniture is trash and my wife's car is totaled. Worst part is renters insurance doesn't cover storm damage. Guess I get to go look for a new place to rent this weekend. Biggest thing is we were safe, so that's a plus. Probably will have to ask tomorrow to roll back a week in API because no way I can do class, study, and move/get new stuff all at the same time. Hope everyone else in the area wasn't effected like we were.
Make sure your chain if command is notified and helps. Also, this is why we have NMCRS. Use them. I don't understand how renters insurance won't cover storm damage (btw, technically it is flood damage, or water damage, if that helps)

WEGL12

VT-28
Make sure your chain if command is notified and helps. Also, this is why we have NMCRS. Use them. I don't understand how renters insurance won't cover storm damage (btw, technically it is flood damage, or water damage, if that helps)

Already talked with my class leader and class officer and he is willing to work with those that were severely impacted by the storm. As far as renter insurance. Any storm related flooding isn't covered if you live in a flood zone ( which is most of the area around NAS). Went round and round with them but I later found it in the small print on my policy. Not sure what good the insurance is if it can't be used in situations like this. Good thing is Geico will cover with little trouble (atleast as of today).

707guy

"You can't make this shit up..."
WEGL - sorry to hear about your situation - hope that you're back on your feet soon!

ltedge46

Lost in the machine
None
I asked this question to a friend who used to sell homeowners insurance. He said for houses in a flood zone they paid for rain damage but not flood damage. So if a tree broke through a window or roof and your house flooded because of rain coming in, it was covered, but if the water came in from ground level it wasn't. YMMV.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hard lesson to learn, but flood insurance is almost always something extra/separate you have to buy as a renter/home owner. Glad everyone is safe.