• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Type Rating Paperwork

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
All, not sure where to start on this one - my local FSDO Office's website doesn't seem to have any links or guidance on earning a type rating and I don't want to drive 4 hours to Birmingham unprepared. I'd like to get my S-70 type rating before my NATOPS check in the 60 expires (I have a few months); where do I start to actually do the paperwork to get that type rating?

sickboy

pilot
Find a mil examiner in your area. I got mine by calling him, filling out the 8710 and then showing him my NATOPS paperwork and HAC designation. No need to go all the way to the FSDO.

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
What Huggy and Mikwat said. Might as well set up your IACRA account and get in the habit of updating your address within 30 days of moving.

HokiePilot

pilot
Contributor
Also, there is no need to be current to get the type rating. the FAA removed the 12 month requirement a few years ago.