• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The last Piston-Engine dogfight: Corsair vs Mustang - 1969

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
The Last Piston-Engine Dogfights
Corsairs against Mustangs in the skies over Central America in 1969.

http://www.airspacemag.com/history-of-flight/last-piston-engine-dogfights-180956250/

Edit: forgot the photos

CorsairMustang17.jpg

2947786081_3a6578f250.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Mustang-vs-Corsair-website-735x413.jpg

And to the victor...

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:

HuggyU2

None
Thanks for the post. Good stuff.
For those of you in SoCal, the LA County Airshow is this weekend, and both the Mustang and Corsair will be flying.

BenDog

Thanks for posting Randy. Worked on a -4 Corsair at Cavanaugh that was a soccer war survivor. Sadly, it didn't survive Oshkosh 99.

zipmartin

Never been better
pilot
Contributor
Oshkosh.
One word.
It's not a kid's clothing line.
It's the coolest aviation event in the world.

OSHKOSH.

I know better. No excuse from me. I first went to Oshkosh in '73, working for Rudy Frasca part time while going to school, when I drove his red Dodge Travco (with his logo on the side) there so he would have some free advertising on site. The next year three friends and I flew his 170 there and camped under the wing. Went again in '75 in a flying club 182. Took some A-4's there several times in the '80's. It definitely is the "coolest aviation event in the world".