• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Tattoos

D

Deleted user cNaut

In regards to becoming a Naval Aviator (or an Airforce Pilot through OTS), how much will tattoos affect the process? I was thinking about getting 1 full and 1 half sleeve done in order to raise my SMV (strictly to increase my chances of getting laid, otherwise, I would contend that tattoo's are pretty degenerate). They will also cover up a lot of the acne scars I have around my arms and back, yeah I'm kinda a skin blemish freakazoid. None of these tattoo's will touch my wrists, neck, face, hands, etc and they will not be offensive. They will all be within regulation. I'm just wondering if they will be viewed poorly and thus limit my chances at a pilot slot. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
In regards to becoming a Naval Aviator (or an Airforce Pilot through OTS), how much will tattoos affect the process? I was thinking about getting 1 full and 1 half sleeve done in order to raise my SMV (strictly to increase my chances of getting laid, otherwise, I would contend that tattoo's are pretty degenerate). They will also cover up a lot of the acne scars I have around my arms and back, yeah I'm kinda a skin blemish freakazoid. None of these tattoo's will touch my wrists, neck, face, hands, etc and they will not be offensive. They will all be within regulation. I'm just wondering if they will be viewed poorly and thus limit my chances at a pilot slot. Thanks in advance.

Sounds like a great question to ask your USAF OR. Let us know what he or she says about that.

Renegade One

None
I was thinking about getting 1 full and 1 half sleeve done...I'm just wondering if they will be viewed poorly and thus limit my chances at a pilot slot.
I'm viewing your thought process poorly right now, but they won't ask my opinion. Do what you want...live with the consequences.

"What we do in life echoes in eternity." ~Maximus Decimus Meridius

Ibfestus

USN F-4 RIO, Fitron 31
Just out of curiosity, what are the regs on tatts these days? In my time it would have been considered as an indication of poor headwork and you would of been out the door in a New York second.

Getting tattoos for the sole purpose of (thinking you will be) getting laid? I'll never understand men

Side note: If you're a Naval Officer with a decent body and a not ugly face, you'll get laid without tattoos. Coincidentally, tattoos do not make up for a "butter' face.

D

Deleted user cNaut

:D

I'm gonna have do second @mad dog on this hahahaha
Getting tattoos for the sole purpose of (thinking you will be) getting laid? I'll never understand men

Side note: If you're a Naval Officer with a decent body and a not ugly face, you'll get laid without tattoos. Coincidentally, tattoos do not make up for a "butter' face.

Well I just have pretty severe facial acne scars, so running beard and tattoo game is the only way to go for now.

Well I just have pretty severe facial acne scars, so running beard and tattoo game is the only way to go for now.

I feel for you. I still have body acne myself and some scarring here and there. Are you still getting acne? Because that will wreck a tattoo unfortunately (speaking from experience). You're better off seeking treatment for the scarring than getting a bunch of tattoos you don't actually want.

D

Deleted user cNaut

I'm 28 years old and balding. Own it. Your confidence will go a lot farther than anything else.
I'd rather be bald, it's less of an anomaly but thanks for the insight. I tried to own it for sometime now and I've figured I ought to take different avenues now lol.
I feel for you. I still have body acne myself and some scarring here and there. Are you still getting acne? Because that will wreck a tattoo unfortunately (speaking from experience). You're better off seeking treatment for the scarring than getting a bunch of tattoos you don't actually want.
Well, I did go on Accutane 2 years ago, so since then I rarely get acne. I am currently in the process of getting acne scar treatment (recently had subcision and RF Microneedling done), should be done with all of the necessary procedures by June of next year. It'll cost upwards of $7000 most likely and will require multiple different treatments. When I used to have cystic acne, it was actually like top 1% severity lol, the pictures scare people when I show them.

I'd rather be bald, it's less of an anomaly but thanks for the insight. I tried to own it for sometime now and I've figured I ought to take different avenues now lol.

Well, I did go on Accutane 2 years ago, so since then I rarely get acne. I am currently in the process of getting acne scar treatment (recently had subcision and RF Microneedling done), should be done with all of the necessary procedures by June of next year. It'll cost upwards of $7000 most likely and will require multiple different treatments. When I used to have cystic acne, it was actually like top 1% severity lol, the pictures scare people when I show them.

Yikes, that really sucks. My PCOS has caused me acne problems for half my life but it's never been that bad. Hopefully your treatment really helps you out.

This is just my opinion, so take it with a grain of salt. But if a woman is repulsed by facial acne scarring, tattoos aren't going to make her want to sleep with you more. I'm a little judging about tattoos I must admit, but if a guy was honest about his only motive for getting tattoos was to slay pussy, I'd roll my eyes and consider him a douche. Especially if he views tattoos as degenerate behavior otherwise (nothing wrong if that's how you feel, it's just going to come off as hypocritical).

I'm not the voice of all women, but if I see a man I don't find attractive, having sexy tattoos isn't going to change that. And just the opposite is true. I don't see an attractive guy and think 'if only he had tattoos'.

If you become a naval officer, you're going to increase your opportunity anyways. Women love men in uniform. Your time and money will be better spent at the gym working on your gains. You don't need to be shredded like The Rock, but muscle definition really helps. Especially considering that the world will be fighting an obesity epidemic soon enough. Don't smoke and don't drink heavily. Keep yourself physically fit. And you will be in far better shape for getting laid than a lot of young men.

Do whatever helps build your confidence. I'd just encourage you to consider your life goals. If you ever see yourself being married, do you think you'd be content with sporting tattoos you only got to help you get laid while you were young?

D

Deleted user cNaut

Yikes, that really sucks. My PCOS has caused me acne problems for half my life but it's never been that bad. Hopefully your treatment really helps you out.

This is just my opinion, so take it with a grain of salt. But if a woman is repulsed by facial acne scarring, tattoos aren't going to make her want to sleep with you more. I'm a little judging about tattoos I must admit, but if a guy was honest about his only motive for getting tattoos was to slay pussy, I'd roll my eyes and consider him a douche. Especially if he views tattoos as degenerate behavior otherwise (nothing wrong if that's how you feel, it's just going to come off as hypocritical).

I'm not the voice of all women, but if I see a man I don't find attractive, having sexy tattoos isn't going to change that. And just the opposite is true. I don't see an attractive guy and think 'if only he had tattoos'.

If you become a naval officer, you're going to increase your opportunity anyways. Women love men in uniform. Your time and money will be better spent at the gym working on your gains. You don't need to be shredded like The Rock, but muscle definition really helps. Especially considering that the world will be fighting an obesity epidemic soon enough. Don't smoke and don't drink heavily. Keep yourself physically fit. And you will be in far better shape for getting laid than a lot of young men.

Do whatever helps build your confidence. I'd just encourage you to consider your life goals. If you ever see yourself being married, do you think you'd be content with sporting tattoos you only got to help you get laid while you were young?

Thank you for the insight and for wishing me luck. I generally agree with the main premise of what you're saying but a lot of the studies that have been done, show that individuals who are maxed out with tattoos have an easier time finding intimacy.

I really don't want the idea of finding a female partner to influence my decision in joining the military. Tattoos are just ink on my skin, in the grand scheme, it's nothing truly serious (although I do believe it reflects upon someones character, depending on the individual of course). The military would be a career where men's lives could be at stake (which you know more about than me).

I've been going to the gym since I was 13, I'm 19 now and weigh 225lbs @ 6 ft. I've deadlifted 560lbs and squatted 405lbs for 6 reps. This has garnered me no success with women, if anything I look like a lady now because all I did was basically squat, bench and deadlift for years. Thus, my ass is huge and sticks out very far. I also have pretty bad anterior pelvic tilt and am always sore from dead-lifts so I walk around like a duck (or in other words, a female that has just had a Brazilian but lift). Only benching and neglecting other accessory movements has given me the illusion of having female breasts.

Picture me with the descriptions I've laid out atop. There you have it.