• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

TAD to TW5 from Corpus (Ospreys)

dtxz

Looks Lost
pilot
Is anyone at KNDZ right now that came from TW4 on TAD orders? We were told that we would have to live in the Whiting BOQ for 3 months while on TAD but would still be picking up Corpus BAH.

Not sure about the 'binding deal' that would keep us from living elsewhere while in Milton. Any experience or guidance on this?

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
My old roommate did this last year. Put his shit in a storage locker in Corpus, lived in the BOQ, and raked in BAH. It's not a bad deal since you're getting BAH while they pay for the Q.

robav8r

None
Contributor
We were told that we would have to live in the Whiting BOQ for 3 months while on TAD but would still be picking up Corpus BAH.

This sounds funny and smells bad. In the current budget/fiscal environment, I would "check six" thoroughly for all required paperwork, references, authorizations, etc.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
This sounds funny and smells bad. In the current budget/fiscal environment, I would "check six" thoroughly for all required paperwork, references, authorizations, etc.

He's TAD. Why would he lose BAH? He should be getting lodging provided by the gov't/paid for, plus full meal rate, since Whiting has no gov't messing.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Yep, good point, I missed that. Would the BAH be contingent on a valid lease/dependants in Corpus though?

Nope. It's no different than going to the boat, or when the TRAWINGs send people to LRU to train. They're TAD with some sort of govt. billeting (or motel, in the case of LRU). No lease is required anymore (as you know) to get BAH.