• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NEWS Syrian Attack

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Video from DDG-71 posted minutes after the news broke - pretty cool. Rock the f*ck on. Now lets target al Assad, his wife, kids, aunts, uncles, raze his home town.

I am sure the was a collegial phone call before launch! "Vlad, buddy, get your people to to the other side of the airfield. It's gonna rain. Thanks Vlad, you're the best!"

Skywalker

Student Naval Aviator
I'm assuming (and have read articles stating) that the Tomahawks flew through the kill zones for several S-300/400 batteries, all without issue. If I'm stepping on OPSEC toes, kill this comment - but does this mean the Russians are pulling the plug on Assad?

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
All jokingly Assad, things are getting pretty Syrias.
54faef17e8729ed91d5ead9c7c29974432ffb3b409cfdc3f92df9e348b853448.jpg

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Good job by the Porter. We were the first air asset on station when they had a little run-in with an oil tanker in the SOH in 2012...

Nice to see them raining some hate and discontent on some bad people and their planes.IMG_2967.PNG

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm assuming (and have read articles stating) that the Tomahawks flew through the kill zones for several S-300/400 batteries, all without issue. If I'm stepping on OPSEC toes, kill this comment - but does this mean the Russians are pulling the plug on Assad?

You can't hit what you can't see, basic physics still applies no matter how good the weapon system is.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot

Based on the Russian reaction, I doubt it. I wouldn't read much into it, other than the Tomahawks hit their targets.

Max the Mad Russian

Hands off Ukraine! Feet too
The ROE of Russian-manned S-300 batteries there almost certainly didn't allow the firing as those BGM-109s did not threat to the Russian forces as such. The harsh reaction on the strike from the Russian side related rather to the fact that no ISIS targets were involved. Suppose the next step from Russian military there will be the deployment of several flights of CAS helo teams on every active Syrian airbase. A clear and loud sign to NATO: we all are intended to hit that fucking "state". Let's do right that and leave the official Syrian forces alone.