• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWO Career Paths

I've been reading about the different career paths available to SWOs and I'm still trying to fully understand them. So if anyone has an insight or experience with these, I would appreciate any insight.

Traditional:
swoT.jpg
Accelerated Warfighter:
swoAW.jpg
Enhanced Readiness:
swoER.jpg
Accelerated Skillset:
swoAS.jpg

No personal experience, but PERS-41's website will have some more materials on the program. Their facebook also puts out updates to policies in a timely manner.

You dont have to worry about all of this, you will be going to your first ship as a SWO and then being briefed on your options, none of these will be an option until you are well into your first tour.

You dont have to worry about all of this, you will be going to your first ship as a SWO and then being briefed on your options, none of these will be an option until you are well into your first tour.
Thanks. I was imagining that this was all going to be a whirlwind experience with a ton of information thrown at me and decisions that affect myself and my family needed to be made immediately.

Why are you studying SWO career paths instead of studying rates and knowledge for OCS?

Here's a good start, much of it will be confusing, but you'll get briefed and learn more at OCS and of course when you get to your first ship.

http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/officer/Detailing/surfacewarfare/Pages/default.aspx

Concur with Bergers, PERS-41 and Surface Warriors FB pages are other good resources.

To my own detriment, I suppose, I want to know all of the ins and outs in preparation for things that may affect my spouse's life. He's already putting his career on hold for me to do this, so any decision I make regarding where the Navy takes us, I want to make sure that it's good for him too.