• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SWO Applicant Advice

Jamie Sue

Thank you everyone for taking the time to make my mind feel more at ease. I am a 23 year old female with an undergraduate GPA of 3.6.
I don't have any priors and I worked all throughout college to pay for it so I couldn't do ROTC. I'm not an ideal applicant, but I've known that this is what I've wanted to do since I was 15.
I applied for the March SWO board. I didn't stack up, I rushed my Oar and scored a 47. I now know what to expect and I know I can score much higher, yet it seems like my lack of a Master's degree or professional career is biting me in the butt.
But, like I said, I know that this is what I want, so I won't take one no for an answer. Ideally Intel is my number one goal, but, I know my best bet is SWO to get my foot in the door. I am reapplying with more professional references and with an in depth mission statement come the August Board.
I guess, I'm just looking for motivation and maybe a sign that my chances aren't horrible.

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
Thank you everyone for taking the time to make my mind feel more at ease. I am a 23 year old female with an undergraduate GPA of 3.6.
I don't have any priors and I worked all throughout college to pay for it so I couldn't do ROTC. I'm not an ideal applicant, but I've known that this is what I've wanted to do since I was 15.
I applied for the March SWO board. I didn't stack up, I rushed my Oar and scored a 47. I now know what to expect and I know I can score much higher, yet it seems like my lack of a Master's degree or professional career is biting me in the butt.
But, like I said, I know that this is what I want, so I won't take one no for an answer. Ideally Intel is my number one goal, but, I know my best bet is SWO to get my foot in the door. I am reapplying with more professional references and with an in depth mission statement come the August Board.
I guess, I'm just looking for motivation and maybe a sign that my chances aren't horrible.

Very few people commission with a masters degree or any history of a professional career, you don't need either. Better your test scores. That is a big boost to your package and something well within your control. Good luck.

Jamie Sue

I have a Bachelors of Science in Criminology. I'm set with applying for SWO, I guess i'm just asking if they're picky in terms of undergraduate degrees. It seems as if they like a minimum Masters degree...?

Jamie Sue

Very few people commission with a masters degree or any history of a professional career, you don't need either. Better your test scores. That is a big boost to your package and something well within your control. Good luck.
That answers what I was so unsure about, thank you!

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
I have a Bachelors of Science in Criminology. I'm set with applying for SWO, I guess i'm just asking if they're picky in terms of undergraduate degrees. It seems as if they like a minimum Masters degree...?

If you have a GPA on the low side, the general rule is that should be balanced out by having a technical degree. A 3.6 with a non-technical degree isn't horrible so I wouldn't worry about that. I see on your profile you have a moral waiver. You might want to ask one of the recruiters on here how that might effect your package, depending on the circumstances of it.