• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

switch to NFO?

cschneck

So, in addition to switching to SWO nuke, I am also facing this question:

My recruiter called and left me a voicemail stating I was accepted to attend OCS, and that I had be selected for SWO and pilot. I was confused because I knew I was not eligible for pilot and also did not put that on my application. However, that got me pretty excited about that opportunity and got me onto this website researching eye surgery and the requirements, etc. It turns out I would need laser eye surgery for piloting but would qualify for NFO.

So, I know it is my fault for not researching all of the officer programs available to me and submitting my application solely for SWO. But I dont want to accept a commision as a SWO and be looking back saying "what if" I only applied for the NFO program.

Do you all think it would be bad to re-submit my package for NFO at this stage in the game?

Basically, I do not know what field I really want to go into avaition seems like the most exciting.

Thanks

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Do you all think it would be bad to re-submit my package for NFO at this stage in the game?
A friend of mine re-submitted an application when he was accepted for NFO but not Pilot. He's now in advanced as a pilot.

Do what you feel is right. If you want to be an aviator and not a SWO, my suggestion would be to re-apply.

SWO Bubba

None
Do what you feel is right. If you want to be an aviator and not a SWO, my suggestion would be to re-apply.

Wholeheartedly agree. Ask yourself what would be the most rewarding. I personally decided to be a SWO because I thought the leadership and challenges would be more rewarding than being a pilot or NFO. In certain aspects, I think being a pilot or NFO would be really fun (and still do). However, being a SWO has been far more rewarding than I expected and I know I made the right choice for me. If you have even a sliver of feeling that you might regret not trying for NFO, then definitely go for it.

Edit - neglected to add: I would also recommend you remove most of the comments about SWO on this forum from your decision process, or at least take them with a huge grain of salt. If you want to be a SWO, odds are you will do great. If you want to be an NFO, odds are you will do great. Do you what you enjoy and life is good!

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Edit - neglected to add: I would also recommend you remove most of the comments about SWO on this forum from your decision process, or at least take them with a huge grain of salt.
I would recommend you remove this comment from your decision process.....many former SWOs and guys that have been around SWOs here.

SWO Bubba is like the guy dating the ugly chick.....he has to defend her or he won't get laid....but he knows she's fucking ugly and the only girl he can get......

SWO Bubba

None
I would recommend you remove this comment from your decision process.....many former SWOs and guys that have been around SWOs here.

SWO Bubba is like the guy dating the ugly chick.....he has to defend her or he won't get laid....but he knows she's fucking ugly and the only girl he can get......

Nice! I don't know if I'm dating an ugly chick...I'll I can see is: :paperbag_

Seriously - if the OP wants some better dialogue on SWOs visit Sailor Bob. Air Warriors is great, but certainly biased towards aviation...duh.

m26

Contributor
Seriously - if the OP wants some better dialogue on SWOs visit Sailor Bob. Air Warriors is great, but certainly biased towards aviation...duh.

I've never figured out how to register. What do I do for rank, VIP code, etc?

CUPike11

Still avoiding work as much as possible....
None
Contributor

Funniest. Comment. Of the Day. :icon_lol:

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
That's the best freaking line I've heard in a long time. :D

Sly1978

Living the Dream
pilot
Use Midshipman as the rank. For VIP Code - you have to figure that one out as part of professional knowledge.

...and thus, in one insignificant post, we get more of a glimpse into what life as a SWO would be like than I've ever cared to know.

Steve Wilkins

None
Super Moderator
Contributor

Basically, I do not know what field I really want to go into avaition seems like the most exciting.
If you think you'd like to be an NFO more than you'd like to be a SWO, then resubmit. Don't make this difficult for yourself.

MasterBates

In short, the SWOs make EVERYTHING painful.

Imagine if Airwarriors required you to find what engine powers the F-7U and what it's TIT limits were at 30,000 feet, standard day and how many teeth were on the spline for the high speed shaft in a GE-T700-401D to even be able to read the forum.

Self induced pain. It's the SWO way! :icon_smil

Steve Wilkins

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
In short, the SWOs make EVERYTHING painful.

Imagine if Airwarriors required you to find what engine powers the F-7U and what it's TIT limits were at 30,000 feet, standard day and how many teeth were on the spline for the high speed shaft in a GE-T700-401D to even be able to read the forum.

Self induced pain. It's the SWO way! :icon_smil
The irony in all that is aviators are way more anal retentive than SWO's will ever be. :icon_smil