• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Summer 2011

jmhughey

It's never too early to start prepping and getting in the mindset. I just started the Semper Fi Society at IUPUI, and I'm trying to recruit some more Marine Officer Candidates.
I'm selected for first increment for summer '11. Anyone else gotten there yet?

NTXRockr

Alive and kicking...sort of.
I'm going Navy and not Marines, but I totally agree - it's never too early to start anticipating the next step of the next chapter of your life. I wish with every passing minute that Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Spring Break would hurry up and get here as I'm ready for the summer and to get going and into OCS/API/Naval Aviation. Good luck with the wait, and I'm sure we'll find some beverages to make the time pass by a little easier...

flyboy

Information Warfare Ensign
I am BDCP and have an OCS date of 15 Jul 11. This will probably change but I'm excited to be able to spend time with family and friends till I leave. It'll be awhile before I can come home for a good amount of time.

SC-NY-88

FNG
None
BDCP class dates are 'tentative' until graduation, they probably didn't look at the calender for the nearest sunday and guestimated July 15, the 17th is that sunday and report dates are sundays.

SC-NY-88

FNG
None
Just got word, my tentative class date (BDCP) is 17 JUL 2011. Was thinking, 12 weeks of OCS (ideally :D) puts graduation around Oct 7th (if my quick counting is correct). Would that make us class 01-12?

NTXRockr

I'm still waiting for my class date...originally was graduating this December so I had been told 01JAN 2011 (which may or may not have been tentative) but supposedly should hear in the next month or so. Anxious to find out as my wife and I are expecting out first kiddo around the end of May so it'll be nice to know if I'll be leaving sooner than later. I'm sure you all are counting the days as I am, right? Graduation couldn't come soon enough...

NTXRockr

Found out that my OCS date is 17 JUL as well, so it looks like we'll be in the same one. OCS 01-12 huh???

flyboy

I looked at my enlistment contract/orders (BDCP) and it did say 17 Jul 11 for OCS. Sorry for the bad info. I hope to interact with you all before reporting. It should make the time easier the first few days/weeks of OCS.

flyboy

acwildcat,
We have set up a facebook group for all of us going in July. I think it's at the beginning of this forum, but if not....its under 17Jul11 OCS. If you have facebook, then request to be added so we can get to know you. Congrats on getting selected BDCP. I hear its pretty much impossible now to get in.