• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Submit package prior to degree?

Beefalo

For example if Im a semester away from my bachelors can I submit a package and update it when I receive the letter of graduation? I am an enlisted applicant who is close to the age limit so a matter of months may make the difference for me.

Lucy

Might be slightly different for active applicants, but normally you can submit for OCS up to 12 months before graduation.

m26

Contributor
I believe civilians can apply for direct accession to OCS when they are within a year of graduation. I don't know if it is the same for fleet applicants, but I can't see why it wouldn't be.

Beefalo

I just noticed I should have posted in the other OCS forum on here so apologies.

How does that work out? Do you just tell your recruiter your anticipated graduation date and they just take your word for it? So you can get an OCS class date prior to to graduation? Just need to have your degree prior to attending OCS im thinking.

m26

Contributor
Yeah. You'll probably need a form from your university saying if you take the right classes you'll graduate on X date. I got one from my uni; they were familiar with the process. Then, the uni will just send the degree transcript to your recruiter/processor once you graduate (although this is a separate step that must be done by you), and you go to OCS as planned. Unless you **** it up. I don't know what happens then.

Beefalo

I read another thread that had someone submit it one semester in advance of graduation with the tentative letter of graduation from the college. Would be even better if I could get up to a year though lol

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
I believe you simply apply up to a year out, and perhaps include a degree completion plan (anyone back me up on this?) to show your timeline for graduation.

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
I read another thread that had someone submit it one semester in advance of graduation with the tentative letter of graduation from the college. Would be even better if I could get up to a year though lol

Otto is dead on with his info. You need to get a form from your OR. You will take that form to your Academic Advisor or who ever is in charge of your degree plan. They fill out the necessary information on the form and make sure they sign it. Then once you complete your degree you send an official copy of your transcripts that shows you completed your degree to your OR. It is pretty simple.

Beefalo

I dont have an officer recruiter since im an enlisted applicant. Maybe the command career counselor will have this form but anyone whose been in the Navy knows the CCC can be hit or miss.

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
I dont have an officer recruiter since im an enlisted applicant. Maybe the command career counselor will have this form but anyone whose been in the Navy knows the CCC can be hit or miss.

Yea I know what you mean. Your CCC should have the form. I will also check to see if I have it as well.

Edit: I just checked my files and I have a blank copy. So check with your CCC if they don't have a copy let me know via PM so we can get you the grad plan paperwork you need.

Beefalo

Pm'd you. Im 8 classes away from my bachelor's. If I were a "full-time student" this would put me within the one year timeline. Im on shore duty right now so its feasible I could finish this within a year.

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
Pm'd you. Im 8 classes away from my bachelor's. If I were a "full-time student" this would put me within the one year timeline. Im on shore duty right now so its feasible I could finish this within a year.

Yea I sent it to your e-mail. Good Luck. Have fun. Stay safe.